Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

IRIS T6 Texan II Pro?

Does anyone have this and is it working in P3D v3?

Is it any good?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have the same question about the T-6B Pro in P3dv3.

Did you ever get an answer?

Happy Flying!

Matt

I have two reports from the Orbx forum that it does work in P3Dv3. :)

Happy Flying!

Matt

I just bought the IRIS Pro Training Series - Texan Driver (P3D) and it appears to work in P3Dv3.

I haven't read the entire manual yet, but I've flown both the B & C variants and haven't noticed anything not working.  

The installer is NOT designed for P3Dv3 and defaulted to creating an "IRIS" folder in my Users/AppData/Roaming" folder.

The "IRIS" folder contained "Effects", "Fonts", "SimObjects", and "Texan Driver" folders.  (Texan Driver contains the manuals and paint kit.)

I just manually moved the contents of the "Effects", "Fonts", & "SimObjects" folders to the respective folders in the main P3D folder.

Looks great, fun to fly, seems to work properly.  I would buy it again.

Happy Flying!

Matt

I have it and it works just fine in PD3 V3. Is this what you mean or did you mean PD3 V4?  If so, I am sure it works there too. The PC-21 works. It is more complex than the T-6B

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

22 hours ago, jmig said:

Is this what you mean or did you mean PD3 V4?

I did mean v3.  It's good to hear the PC-21 works in v4 though.  I'll have to check it out.

Edit:  Just looked at the PC-21 on the Iris site.  The PC-21 is only advertised as FSX, while their T-6B/C and PC-9A are also available for P3D 2.5.  Is the PC-21 older?  It doesn't look more complex to me than the Pro Training Series "Texan Driver" T-6B/C.  (Not the P3D default T-6A)  

They all look like nice aircraft to have in v4! :)

Happy Flying!

Matt