Sign in to follow this  
hazbenz

PMDG Shop price for P3D 747?

Is this truly the price?? $228,000,050.00 :Tounge: and $325,000,000.00 for the expansion pack. Not sure where I'll be able to park these beasts :wink:

Ahh!!! Just found out that this is for placeholder purposes just prior to release :fool:

Cheers

John Harris

P3D v4, Win10 64bit, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Saitek Multi Panel, Saitek Switch Panel, Saitek Radio Panel, Saitek FIP

Ahh!!! Just found out that this is for placeholder purposes just prior to release

Yep.

Your forum initiation is now complete. Please note that first and last names are required to be placed in posts as well.

Kyle Rodgers

A B747?. It was announced time ago, don't really know if it still will be born sometime!

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

this is for placeholder purposes just prior to release

Don't kid yourself. I don't believe it is in beta testing yet. I believe release, at a minimum, is still 6 months in the future and that might be optimistic.

Don't kid yourself. I don't believe it is in beta testing yet. I believe release, at a minimum, is still 6 months in the future and that might be optimistic.

I don't recall him saying it was in beta. He simply said prior to release. Given that, currently, the product is not released, then the "prior to release" qualifier is appropriate and accurate.

Kyle Rodgers

I don't recall him saying it was in beta. He simply said prior to release. Given that, currently, the product is not released, then the "prior to release" qualifier is appropriate and accurate.

You read it one way and I read it another way. No he didn't say anything about beta. I did to shown him where it is in the pipeline. I get the impression the OP thinks release is just around the corner. Yes it's just around the corner but you need to walk a 100 blocks before reaching the corner it's around. Don't want the OP to get his hopes up.

Pray tell, friends, the point?

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

the true cost will be your first born and every other child.

PMDG love playing around with words. The best one is "soon" .....that can mean tomorrow or a year from now or even longer. Be very carefully when reading anything you might think is a hint to release etc from PMDG.

I love PMDG aircraft, there stunning, but I like many still have a nasty taste in there mouths after PMDG charged full price for the P3D version for owners that had already bought the FSX version., Its up to them, its there produces to sell as they like. But now I have two aircraft in the coming months to buy.

With that taste still in my mouth that I paid full price for the NG that all but one thing worked in P3D and full price again for the 777. I will now spent my money at FSL who offer a upgrade from FSX/FSX-SE to P3D and you only pay the difference and have a licence for both. You maximized your profits but made even people like myself who love your produces feel hard done by. Long term that's not a good idea. People do not forget. Yes many bought it because they had no chose, well....

ATM the 747v2 might be the only PMDG aircraft I will not buy. FSL can have the money instead. That taste has not gone away yet. If you think that's just me run a poll to see. 

• Upvote 5

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

You didn't pay full price. You paid full price and a "fee" for the possible problems with the upcoming versions of P3D which might not even materialize.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

That's right the price is 69.99 for FSX and 89.99 for the P3D version.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I paid full price for the NG that all but one thing worked in P3D

Is this to say that you're currently using the FSX NGX in P3D?

You didn't pay full price. You paid full price and a "fee" for the possible problems with the upcoming versions of P3D which might not even materialize.

Hmm...if you only knew...

The non-pop-up GMC for the 777-300ER is only one of the things that we've been able to get into P3D through extra dev efforts.

---------------

I'm currently viewing this as you all sharing a little bit of criticism, which is fine, though try to keep it at least somewhat constructive. Do remember, however, that we do not allow the discussion of pricing policy here, so mind what you post if you choose to do so.

Kyle Rodgers

David Murden's feelings are valid - because that's how he feels about possibly paying twice.

PMDG's decision is theirs to take - because that's business.

Both the above are factual.

Kyle - the policy of not discussing pricing policy is understandable, but as this is a forum - I expect you will forever have your work cut deciding which posts do/don't cross the line. PMDG might be better served by putting these threads into their own forum labelled "feedback", and let people exercise their chimps.

Bear in mind you don't have to turn a blind eye to "feedback" - but at least it's a way of filtering/sorting.

Hmm...if you only knew...

Yeah, i had to skip it. It's just too much for much the same.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I'm currently viewing this as you all sharing a little bit of criticism, which is fine, though try to keep it at least somewhat constructive.

That's just what it is constructive criticism of PMDG

Do remember, however, that we do not allow the discussion of pricing policy here, so mind what you post if you choose to do so.

Yes that chest nut :) , you can see that "policy" was a way to squash the criticism lol. 

Is this to say that you're currently using the FSX NGX in P3D?

No Kyle, I don't even have FSX anymore. But do a youtube on PMDG NG in P3D. I bought both as you should know :). Never used or even DL the Russian installer tool what ever it was called. The point was the NG 99% works fine in P3D (v2 I think) apart from one display you had to shrink something and enlarge to make it work, something like that anyway!

PMDG's decision is theirs to take - because that's business

Yes it is and I said as much.:) 

I paid £4 for an ice cream that is £1 in a super market but I was on the beach at the time. They can charge what they like but do you think I bought another? or that I felt like that was a "little" over priced ?

The problem like PMDG is no competition, so when people have a monopoly you have little choice. "That's the price like it or don't have it." that's how it felt to me PMDG and I love your work.

But now we have FSL and we sort of do have a choice. Like if another ice cream seller came along and sold ice cream for £2.50 would you goto the £4 place again? 

The flight sim community is very small and we tend to be older and wiser and remember how we feel we have been treated. Will any of this effect 747v2 sales lol, no. I personly will only fly one full depth aircraft the coming year and now I do have a choice, I hope with all due respect you can see the point? and that's why I will choose the FSL A320 this time round. I can re install FSX buy there A320 in knowledge i will only get charged for the price difference upon the P3D version coming out and retain a licence for both.

• Upvote 2