Sign in to follow this  
Oxlade1

Trees on Taxiways with freeware FTX NA Airports

Hi all,

I've been trying to figure out this gremlin for a while, but still not getting any luck.

With the addition of the FTX NA Global Airport Pack (Freeware) the airports are updated but there is an issue with the placement of the trees, as shown in the picture below. The airport is CYXE. I have tried removing FTX Vector, reorganizing the Scenery Library and updating the ORBX Library, but i'm still not getting any luck. With the FTX airport pack removed, the scenery returns to deafult with no issues. So i'm confused about how to solve it without using the Lumberjack tool.

90163e411f.jpg

I had a similar issue a while back with MyTraffic 2013 as the scenery files conflicted with Orbx, but now i'm using My Traffic Pro and the scenery files aren't in the Scenery Library anymore, so i'm out of ideas.

Install the ORBX libs again and then run the vector config tool and scan for airports in auto mode.

Edit : I just took a look at the airport and it looks ok  here. It almost looks like there is no flatten on that airport in your pics. Is it possible Your trafficv program put a BGL in there that is overriding the ORBX?

Well Vector is definitely working better, but the same problem with the trees is there. I have a feeling that the actual Global Airport pack is conflicting with something, but I can't seem to figure out what.

And its possible that My Traffic 6 may have a file inside somewhere, but the issue is that the new My Traffic 6 has an independent folder outside of FSX with the scenery files separated. I suppose I may have missed something. I'll keep looking.

After a process of elimination, out of the 4 airport files (LIB,CVX,GP and Airport) the CVX is the one creating the problem. I have take two screenshots with and without the airport CVX file. How do you think I can fix it?

WITH CVX

912297015b.jpg

WITHOUT CVX9122a53e05.jpg

It`s still not correct, the landclass around the airport is now showing residential when it should be Industrial, have you posted on the Orbx forum about this. Neil normally sorts it out very quickly and i doubt he would have let this mistake slip through beta testing.

tpewpb-6.png

No, I didn't check with them yet, i'll have to check in with them too. And now to make matter's worse, I just ran the FTX Vector Configurator on auto and I now can't even start FSX. I now keep getting an error pertaining to the API.dll. What did I just do!?

I have the same issue of trees and vegetation at default KHRT (Mary Esther Field) in FL, on the East tarmac, close to the helicopter parking spots. Posted this at the proper thread in Orbx's forum.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi, looking at your screens it looks like a double afcad problem (Look at the planes in the grass in the first screen). You can try this: first, turn on your CVX file again. Now, as you said that you have MT6, do the folowing:

- Go to MT6 folder xxx:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Scenery

- Find the file BR2_CYXE.BGL and rename it to BR2_CYXE.OFF

- Open your FS again and see if the issue is corrected.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Hi, looking at your screens it looks like a double afcad problem (Look at the planes in the grass in the first screen). You can try this: first, turn on your CVX file again. Now, as you said that you have MT6, do the folowing:

- Go to MT6 folder xxx:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Scenery

- Find the file BR2_CYXE.BGL and rename it to BR2_CYXE.OFF

- Open your FS again and see if the issue is corrected.

Just tried this. Unfortunately the same issue.

Use this tool: http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

To find possible AFCAD duplicity. If more than one is found, you need to remove one of them.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

this is what it looks like on my system, quite a bit different in the landclass, no trees, etc.

i thought the big pile of planes was a bug ...but i think is some kind of airplane salvage yard or something, it actually looks like that on google maps also! that is with vector,openLC both. i think the roundabout is missing because i have tertiary roads off. kind of looks like that water is a bit different than on the map also.

cheers

-andy crosby

Uuk43ob.jpg

Use this tool: http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

To find possible AFCAD duplicity. If more than one is found, you need to remove one of them.

Just tried it out, there was a duplicate file found (from MyTraffic) but when I removed it the problem is still there. Still no luck.

My next thing is to try remove all the FTX software and re-install it all.

This a new problem that a lot of people are having.  Their KDVT airport in the freeware pack has trees too.  It goes away with the landclass off.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

SOLVED! It took a while and a lot of tinkering. But what I ended up doing was uninstalling FTX Vector and FTX Global and reinstalling them. Then once I applied the Airport pack the problem seems to have disappeared. Thank you all for the help.