Sign in to follow this  
captain420

PMDG 777 not automatically switching to CRZ after CLB

I think that in most situations it would make no difference as I have rarely seen the thrust going up to the CRZ thrust limit in cruise (except during step climb of course).

I know that it is mainly a company's choice so it depends on the airline (the livery) you fly for (it is part of the configurations of the liveries).

So I would say it is up to you. Now I"m not commercial pilot, so I cannot give a professional advise.

I agree with you.

I don't fly the 777 either, however in the CRJ 200, since we don't have auto throttles, it makes sense for us to manually change the thrust carrots. However they are only advisory.

I honestly don't see the point in why there is an option for an airplane with auto throttles. Maybe someone can enlighten us.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

The manuals for this type of airplane are huge and it's something that could take quite some time.

Huge? The Introduction Manual is 175 pages.

Huge? The Introduction Manual is 175 pages.

systems manuals? Those are pretty big. Yes, the intro manual isn't too large.

However, I was referring to the fact that if the OP had other questions, that he can still come over here and ask questions. Whether he read the manuals or not. Especially if he had a systems question. The manuals for those are huge and as I said before, not everyone has hours on hand to give themselves a type rating.

• Upvote 1

Matt kubanda

The manuals for those are huge and as I said before, not everyone has hours on hand to give themselves a type rating.

This should be taken with caution. The PMDG products are quite complex addons, not just start and fly GA aircraft. Hence it requires a minimum in terms of reading the manuals and learning.

There are tons of questions on this forum that are answered by the introduction manuals or FCOMs.

And I'm not talking about reading every single page of both FCOMs + FCTM + Introduction manuals + tutorials: all these manuals are PDF and it allows for easy search with key words it usually takes only a couple of minutes to find most of the answers using the search engine.

I'm not saying that is specifically the case of the OP here nor do I want to point anyone in particular but there are too many people that come to the forum expecting to be answered without having to do any search themselves but others to do for them.

So welcome to come ask questions? Yes, definitely, but it doesn't prevent to spend some time to try to find the answer by oneself.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

This should be taken with caution. The PMDG products are quite complex addons, not just start and fly GA aircraft. Hence it requires a minimum in terms of reading the manuals and learning.

There are tons of questions on this forum that are answered by the introduction manuals or FCOMs.

And I'm not talking about reading every single page of both FCOMs + FCTM + Introduction manuals + tutorials: all these manuals are PDF and it allows for easy search with key words it usually takes only a couple of minutes to find most of the answers using the search engine.

I'm not saying that is specifically the case of the OP here nor do I want to point anyone in particular but there are too many people that come to the forum expecting to be answered without having to do any search themselves but others to do for them.

So welcome to come ask questions? Yes, definitely, but it doesn't prevent to spend some time to try to find the answer by oneself.

I agree with you. I really do. On all counts.

However, because many simmers will be new to this type of high fidelity add on, going through a systems manual will be a daunting task. Many simmers will probably miss the answer even though it's right in front of them because they don't yet have prior understanding of basic systems to decipher what the manuals are telling them about the complex systems of a 777. These manuals aren't just a read and magically understand kind of thing.

That's my point. We don't exactly know if someone has or hasn't read up and studied the airplane before asking questions on here. We shouldn't assume someone either has hasn't read the manuals.

Some questions have easy answers that can be easily found in the manuals like the one posed in this thread. Some questions dont.

For some people, this may be their first time learning about an airplane like this. It may be their first time ever learning about basic turbine systems. Telling someone to just go read the manuals isn't going to net them much help.

It is sometimes an annoyance for others to answer simple questions. However, it provides a teaching opportunity for others.

You pointed the OP in the right direction and that's what needs to be done.

What also needs to be done is to help people understand what they are reading in those manuals.

To sum up my point, we are here to help others enjoy this airplane. We have to answer questions at times that we find annoying or unwarranted. We can't just tell people to read the manuals when we don't want answer a question. Besides, if we took the time to type "go read the manuals." We can take the time to answer a question.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Matt kubanda

For some people, this may be their first time learning about an airplane like this. It may be their first time ever learning about basic turbine systems. Telling someone to just go read the manuals isn't going to net them much help.

I agree, that's why I rarely send the poster to a manual without giving the reference. Unless it is blatant the answer doesn't require a specific knowledge but just open the manual and blatant the poster won't make any effort to get the answer that doesn't need any explanation by themselves.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.