Sign in to follow this  
RobnaBav

Problem with 777-300ER since WIN10 Anniversary Update

In short: Access code req each time I select a PMDG product.

The 777-200FX works after entering code but 300ER goes all Opensky on me with buttons and switches not responding. Lights will not come on etc.

Maybe I should enter separate code for 300ER but can't see one in my archives.

In short: Access code req each time I select a PMDG product.

The 777-200FX works after entering code but 300ER goes all Opensky on me with buttons and switches not responding. Lights will not come on etc.

Maybe I should enter separate code for 300ER but can't see one in my archives.

FlexNET has been disabled. Submit a ticket at the link in my signature.

Kyle Rodgers

hi I've update my PMDG777 in SP1 I'm using p3dv3.5 but I've issue after choose aircraft 777 after the end of download my p3d stop without any error message people can help me please 

hi I've update my PMDG777 in SP1 I'm using p3dv3.5 but I've issue after choose aircraft 777 after the end of download my p3d stop without any error message people can help me please 

Connection or browser issue. Try a different browser, or use a download manager.

Welcome to the forum. Full names - first and last - need to be placed in your posts here.

Kyle Rodgers

Like Kyle stated above, you need to submit a support ticket using the link in his signature. Oh, and you also need to sign your posts with your full name.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks Scandanavian 13, will do.    By sign our name, do we need to sign the post itself or does our signature suffice?

Thanks Scandanavian 13, will do.    By sign our name, do we need to sign the post itself or does our signature suffice?

Signature block works. Thanks!

Kyle Rodgers

Ahh, a solution! I neglected to say that every time I selected a PMDG product in FSXE after WIN 10 Anniversary boot(botch)up, a small screen popped up requesting my reg number. I had been inputting the 777-200 code by mistake. However can't remember if the code box always popped up or it's just a post Anniversary problem

Sorry I'm a bit unwell at the moment so my mind is fogged by the mass of medication I have to shovel down me every few hours.. This adds to more confusion.. Apologies

I'm a bit unwell at the moment so my mind is fogged by the mass of medication I have to shovel down me every few hours..

Get better Wayne, this is a good hobby to take mind off of things.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for good wishes. Problem now sorted. Made myself tons better by flying to El Prat LEBL and into a mighty Mediterranean thunderstorm. Two missed approaches later I had to seek an alternative. The new ASN 16 just the medicine... and this was live not scenario stuff!  Always good storms in the Perpingan to Barcelona region of the Med... Ok must go this is sort of off topic!

Ahh, a solution! I neglected to say that every time I selected a PMDG product in FSXE after WIN 10 Anniversary boot(botch)up, a small screen popped up requesting my reg number. I had been inputting the 777-200 code by mistake. However can't remember if the code box always popped up or it's just a post Anniversary problem

If it keeps popping up, let us know by submitting a ticket at the link in my signature.

Sorry I'm a bit unwell at the moment so my mind is fogged by the mass of medication I have to shovel down me every few hours.. This adds to more confusion..

I've been there - completely understand. Get well.

Kyle Rodgers

FlexNET has been disabled. Submit a ticket at the link in my signature.

Hi Kyle,

I had a similar issue solved by reinstalling. I had disabled the Flexnet service until I found what program had installed it and why. I see now that PMDG installed it. Can you provide details as to what it does or point me to a link explaining same.

Thank you.

howevr

Can you provide details as to what it does or point me to a link explaining same.

Use for product authentication and validation.

Dan Downs KCRP

Use for product authentication and validation.

Thank you Dan, I had figured as much and it is referenced in the manual.

I think perhaps my question should have been worded differently as I was really trying to determine why it is always running straight after boot up when it is set for Manual. Perhaps it's being used by another product. Can you tell me if your Flexnet service is always running?

I did read a promotional piece from Flexnet that featured PMDG and their desire to combat piracy. This bit is understandable. I'm just not sure why after installing and authentication the service needs to be running if the product/Sim is not in use.

Cheers,

howevr

Your use of the term 'always running' isn't quite accurate. The process may be loaded but not using any CPU cycles until needed. For example, my Internet Download Manger is 'always running' but isn't doing anything until I select something to download.

As for why loaded at boot time, I assume that is the best way for an authentication service to operate.

Not sure what your concern is here.

Dan Downs KCRP