Sign in to follow this  
gboz

FTX YMML Melbourne V3 Released

Thanks for the heads up.

Is it generally required to install ORBX regions while installing their airports? I don't own ORBX Australia but I am definitely interested in Melbourne as a destination since I own FlyTampa Sydney.

• Upvote 1

It will install without anything else orbx

but I don't think there's any guarantee that everything will be in the right place. So you really need the appropriate orbx region (or global base??).

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Beware v3 is still plagued by OOM`s inherited from V1 in regards to the 3d grass, Rus from Turbulent Designs mentioned the method used for grass is ancient and they may disable it with a patch! but for now just turn it off in the control panel. otherwise it`s great on fps, i`m getting low 40`s with ai in P3d...

tpewpb-6.png

Beware v3 is still plagued by OOM`s inherited from V1 in regards to the 3d grass, Rus from Turbulent Designs mentioned the method used for grass is ancient and they may disable it with a patch! but for now just turn it off in the control panel. otherwise it`s great on fps, i`m getting low 40`s with ai in P3d...

Thanks for that heads-up.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Looks like there are some texture issues and lack of road traffic near airport (Orbx forum).

gb.

Thanks, Bought!

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

but I don't think there's any guarantee that everything will be in the right place.

Thanks. If I understood you correctly, ORBX regions coupled with their airports will make sure the airport fits with it's surroundings properly whereas having just the airport might create some texture conflicts outside of the immediate airport environment.

whereas having just the airport might create some texture conflicts outside of the immediate airport environment.

Probably best to get a second opinion if you can.

I only tried it once when I installed an Orbx North American freeware airport in to default scenery.

The result was a complete mess.

I guess results would vary depending on the airport in question.

gb.