Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

Airports of Norway and FTX Norway

I have installed FTX Norway and also have Airports of Norway (AoN freeware), the latter being above FTX in the scenery.cfg.

My question is, since FTX Norway includes vector, landclass and mesh data, is it still necessary or preferable to install the Norway Scenic X vII and the Norway Quality mesh provided at FlightsimNorway.com. Are these better at portraying Norway coastline and mesh than FTX?

Thanks

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

No.  It is not necessary.  I'm not sure if it would be preferrable though as I have not compared them.  I just use the airports from AoN and the rest is FTX Norway...works fine for me.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I think the author of AON says that he only use FTX, so it is probably good enough.

I have installed FTX Norway and also have Airports of Norway (AoN freeware), the latter being above FTX in the scenery.cfg.

My question is, since FTX Norway includes vector, landclass and mesh data, is it still necessary or preferable to install the Norway Scenic X vII and the Norway Quality mesh provided at FlightsimNorway.com. Are these better at portraying Norway coastline and mesh than FTX?

Thanks
Stuart

Guys - what about photoscenery and autogen? Should this be installed on top of FTX Norway too or only AON package? 

Guys - what about photoscenery and autogen? Should this be installed on top of FTX Norway too or only AON package? 

Depends on what photo scenery and autogen. FTX Norway already contains this in many parts of the country, but if you want airport photo scenery you have to use AoN and AoN Ground. However, remember to remove (and back) the .bgl files of airports in the FTX EU Norway folder or else they will display simultaneously with AoN, even if AoN is above in the scenery library.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I installed all AON packs according to manual (airports, photo and autogen) and it blends so well in ftx Norway. It's simply amazing pack and the airports are truly pay ware quality. Didn't know this exist. Thanks gentleman!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Has anyone seen this occur and know how to correct? I must have installed or changed something which seems to have corrupted ground textures in the foreground. I have AoN & AoN Ground installed above FTX Norway, but even disabling either AoN or FTX Norway, the same thing occurs!

Help !!!!!

D49779B43FE64E3DA65C7C3174B65368_zpsnmkg

P.S. I do also have Mogisoft Shade installed. Could this have some effect? Am also running DX10 with Steve's Fixer.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

ASKING FOR ADVICE: I am just trying to install AoN (Airports of Norway. But I do not understand the instruction "Install: Put the two files in AoN_Ground\Scenery." WHICH FOLDER IS MEANT with "AoN_Ground"??

I had been using all the Norwegian freeware addons (airports, scenery and mesh) for quite some time before FTX Norway came on the scene and I have to say it was of such great quality that I delayed purchasing the FTX product for quite some time. Those of us who fly in Norway really owe the talented developers of such excellent freeware a great deal of gratitude.

I still use most of the excellent AoN airports with the exception of a few individual Aerosoft Norwegian airports which I already had and some Orbx addon airports which I have subsequently bought in sales. The combination of all of these great airports with stunning Norwegian scenery makes for a superb flying experience particularly as many of the approaches are challenging as is sometimes the weather. Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys flying in the northern latitudes!

Bill

Dear Bronze, thank you very much and kind regards from Austria! Yours sincerely Laszlo / "AirLaci"

Just be aware that you will have to deactivate some conflicting AFCAD and elevations files for some airports which are duplicated in AoN and FTX Norway if you have both on your system.

Bill

For Norway I use a combination of 1) ORBX FTX Norway airports, 2) Orbx payware addon airports and 3) the AON Airports. While many of the AON Airports are ok quality some really in my humble opinion are not all that great and even the FTX Norway versions are a bit better, those AON Airport versions I have deactivated. I know its free so you cant really compain but I hope to see some improvements to AON Airports in the future. I would personally not say that any AON airports is bad but to go as far as to say that even one of them hold up to payware quality like someone in this thread said I would not not really agree to, but again its my personal opinion.

Mike     

Edited by mikced76

Is it possible to remove static jets way to replace them with moving jetways from GSX 2? I use FSX.

Best wishes

Ash

Ash Nerurkar