Sign in to follow this  
Carob

AI Aircraft and AC#'s

Hello. I'm hoping someone can answer this for me.Is it possible to have the same AC# for AI aircraft if they are in different traffic.bgl files? In other words, let's say I have an AC#1 aircraft in the default traffic.bgl file and I also have an AC#1 aircraft in a custom made GA traffic.bgl file.Does doing things this way work or does it mess things up? With having multiple traffic files (made by different people) it's sometimes hard to know if a number has been duplicated.Thanks!

Multiple traffic files is fine (I have about 42) and in theory, since it is just calling for the aircraft and it is already calling for multiple instances of the same aircraft in the one traffic file, matching numbers in different BGLs should be ok, but I haven't tested. Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

I know multiple traffic files is okay (I have several myself) but I'm not sure if having matching numbers in different BGLs is okay.

The AC# is only used by Traffic Tools for the compile process - so different .BGL files using the same AC# is not a problem.Microsoft doesn't use an AC# in their traffic database builder program - instead they use a "#typeKey" which is - "a unique keyword used to identify this type of aircraft (max 15 chars)"Flight Simulator looks at the title of the aircraft to find the proper aircraft / repaint to use - the line in the AC# between the "" signs.This must match exactly the title= line in the aircraft.cfg fltsim.x section - and is case sensitive.Just as a note - many of us substitute the title when we want to test a new aircraft / repaint. A lot quicker than compiling a new traffic file. Even the most obscure repaint / aircraft can be tested quickly if it fills in for the BAW A320 at Heathrow.