Sign in to follow this  
BlueGhost

Screenie of GTN750 integrated into Shrike panel

Birthdays are extra special as you get older (i.e., grateful for each one!) As a retiree I can't spend much on my flightsim hobby, but I was able to get the Shrike (my all-time favorite) for Father's Day, and I soon turn 68, so wifie offers up for a flightsim-type gift.

I have been looking at the GTN 750 for some time, and wonder if someone who has integrated the 750 would kindly post some screens of how it looks in the panel. 

Also, am I correct that you can put the Shrike checklists into the 750? If so, how complicated would that be? Anyway, thanks in advance.

Now back to rereading the many posts here about how to realistically use the unique AP...

Hi BlueGhost:

As I retiree too, and also a fan of the Shrike, please get my birthday for you, a checklist for Normal Procedures and some other procedures as well:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iaknnq6ft0f6tsg/AABfXAd04wl-0lEvJpNPn7fUa?dl=0

You have to rename the file to "chklst" and drop it to your Shrike aircraft folder inside your sim. That's it. On the GTN device, look for Utilities in its main menu, press and you'll find Checklists at the bottom. With the aircraft selected and the GTN750 installed (you have to run the utility supplied by Carenado that is on the same aircraft directory), you'll be presented with these checklists.

If you want to look at the pictures of the GTN750 installed on the VC panel, go to Carenado site, select the information of the Shrike, and in Gallery there are several pictures you can look at. The GTN is located to the bottom of the center pedestal (not a very nice place anyway, but that's life). Please remember again, that you should have the GTN750 installed on your computer and you have to run the supplied Carenado utility to install the GTN into the Shrike panel.

Hope this clarify your issues, and habe a good birthday.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hello BlueGhost

Adding to what Ed posted, also ask Bert Pieke for his Autopilot Fix. (Send him a PM)

Then You will be all set.

I must agree, the Shrike is my all time favorite Airplane, I just can't stop using it.

Cheers.

Thanks for the info Ed and Kabronicus! I'll pursue the checklist and AP issues as soon as I get the 750. 

I went to the Carenado site and saw no 750 pix on the pedestal. Nevertheless, if that's where it gets installed, it seems almost easier to just use the non-integrated 750 pop up. Granted you just have to click on the integrated 750 frame to get the 750 up close, but how are the general pop ups brought up (when using the 750 on AC where it isn't integrated?) Maybe I just don't understand yet how to use a non-integrated 750 pop up.

I just completed a loooong VFR cross-country from Key West to Friday Harbor (in 60-90 minute flight segments…all I had time for at a sitting) and I hardly ever went to all the trouble to look at the base of the pedestal and then zoom in to try and see what it says. I just did shift+2 all the time. Clunky, but it worked. It just never stayed up when I changed views.

Anyway thanks a lot gents! It'll only get to be more fun as I learn to fly this classic better!

There is typically a clickspot somewhere on the GTN to pop up a larger window.

Carenado puts it at the top, others at the bottom left, where Flight1 also puts it

in the popup version.

You can arrange your panel.cfg file so that it pops up with shift-2,  which I have mapped

on my yoke for all my airplanes.

Because of the inconvenient location of the GTN in the Shrike, you'll be using the popup

quite a bit.

BTW, send me a PM with your email address to get the fixed autopilot!

Bert

BlueGhost.

Make sure you buy the correct version FSX or P3D  (they are not compatible)

The Carenado GTN installer (inside the aircraft folder) it will place it in the pedestal, then

just mod your panel to Shift+?? to bring up the popup.

As a matter of fact I use the 750 as an undocked popup all the time. I place it on a touchscreen monitor. You can then place a weather radar in the pedestal.

Great ideas! Bought the 750, installed it on the pedestal, and hit my head every time i try to look down at it. So having it as a pop up is a good idea. It seems that the only screen the GTN pop up installer gives me as an option for the pop up is the Info Screen (shift+5 or 6, can't remember exactly). Wonder why it limits me to that page?

Bought the 750

Wonder why it limits me to that page?

AFAIK It shouldn't.

Anyway You can edit the panel.cfg and assign it to any of the Shift+Number (1-9) popup windows.

(Make backup copies)

Cheers.