Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

OFX USA 5-m Mesh Users -- Am I missing something here?

I'm using OFX's mesh (thanks to Rich heads up) now freeware and saw a difference, for better, in the airport elevations at several of them, for instance in P3D default KVPS, compared to freemesh USA.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I'm using OFX's mesh (thanks to Rich heads up) now freeware and saw a difference, for better, in the airport elevations at several of them, for instance in P3D default KVPS, compared to freemesh USA.

Cheers, Ed

Interesting Ed - freemesh looks pretty dang good to me also 

Rich Sennett

Guys.....

Can I lend you a a helpful reminder that FreeMeshX - USA hasn't been released yet, so it's quite impossible to compare it to anything right now  :smile: 

• Upvote 1

Guys.....

Can I lend you a a helpful reminder that FreeMeshX - USA hasn't been released yet, so it's quite impossible to compare it to anything right now  :smile:

Hi, Daniel, great product!. Regarding the USA, now I'm confused, since I thought I have downloaded a time ago two freemesh files for North America.

Cheers, Ed

and I refer to two freemeshX files :fool:

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi, Daniel, great product!. Regarding the USA, now I'm confused, since I thought I have downloaded a time ago two freemesh files for North America.

Cheers, Ed

and I refer to two freemeshX files :fool:

Thanks! It's a common mistake to assume the USA is included, probably due to lack in clarity in my writing.

FreeMeshX - North America updates Canada and Greenland (and some parts of Alaska). I didn't include a USA portion because that is really a whole new animal and new dataset to work with.  I didn't want to hustle and get it out quickly with FreeMeshX Global because unless special care is given, a new mesh for the USA will tend to introduce lots of airport elevation plateaus, and why ruin a perfectly good stock mesh with plateaus? No, I'm taking my time with the USA and trying to innovate new methods that will help rid us of those potential plateaus.

Thanks! It's a common mistake to assume the USA is included, probably due to lack in clarity in my writing.

FreeMeshX - North America updates Canada and Greenland (and some parts of Alaska). I didn't include a USA portion because that is really a whole new animal and new dataset to work with.  I didn't want to hustle and get it out quickly with FreeMeshX Global because unless special care is given, a new mesh for the USA will tend to introduce lots of airport elevation plateaus, and why ruin a perfectly good stock mesh with plateaus? No, I'm taking my time with the USA and trying to innovate new methods that will help rid us of those potential plateaus.

Ok, thanks and understood now, then waiting for your release, take your time!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Thank you Guys I didnt know this - good luck with USA version 

Ok, thanks and understood now, then waiting for your release, take your time!.

Cheers, Ed

Rich Sennett

Will using 3rd party mesh add-on add to the existing VAS issue that I'm currently facing in P3D when used with multiple add-ons such as FTX Global, Vector, openLC, Full Regions, Fs2Crew, Rex Texture and Soft Clouds, ASN, Mytraffic 6, PMDG 777, RAAS, etc?

I mean will it make the VAS issue worse?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU