Sign in to follow this  
FromTheFlightDeck_Sim

KLAX AI wrong runway?

I've installed the Photo Real KLAX V3, and its mighty impressive as its freeware. Although the airport itself is nice, ai traffic (and me) are always directed to land on 7L, 7R, 6L, 6R, and this rarely ever happens at LAX. This has happened before I installed WOAI, and the scenery, so this is normal throughout FSX.

Do I need to change the wind direction?

Are you flying with the inSim weather that's updated every 15 minutes?  I would normally get a 24R approach and

Landing.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

If you are flying with no weather, the sim automatically defaults to the runway closest to due north, which at LAX is the 6 and 7 runways. But even in real weather it takes a large amount of wind to get them to change from the 24 and 25s.

Are you flying with the inSim weather that's updated every 15 minutes?  I would normally get a 24R approach and

Landing.

Okey I'll think about that.

If you are flying with no weather, the sim automatically defaults to the runway closest to due north, which at LAX is the 6 and 7 runways. But even in real weather it takes a large amount of wind to get them to change from the 24 and 25s.

So I can always change it with the wind direction?

Okey I'll think about that.

So I can always change it with the wind direction?

If you fly without real weather and only custom then yes, adjust the winds so they are less than 90 degrees in each direction of heading 250 and you will get the right runways at lax.

I highly recommend a weather program, Active Sky Next is pretty cheap since a new Active Sky just came out. It really makes flying fun with real weather all over the planet including pretty accurate over the oceans. Also ties into weather radar with many addons like PMDG.