Sign in to follow this  
Guest garwig

What sort of fuel load in A320 or 757 for flights under 500 miles?

Guest Robin MacLaurin

Hi; Since I mainly fly jets and usually pretty short flights (work) I am wondering what others use as a fuel load, I'd forgotten about this feature in Fs9 and have had some pretty serious accidents while trying to land either a A318 or A320 and it occured to me that there was a #### of a lot of fuel so the a/c was way overloaded, please give me some ideas on the best fuel loading and stuff, greatly appreciated since I was getting pretty depressed about the crashes. I usually fly between Ottawa and Toronto or Toronto and Montreal. Thanks Robin

You should be fine with about 4,000lbs in each of your outer wings. That's for a 500nm trip with reserve, APU and taxi time and fuel to the alternate.Hope this helps.

The simplest, though not the most realistic, way would be to plan a flight with FS9's flight planner, and look at the estimated fuel burn in the flight log. Since you have the estimated flight burn, plus the distance, plus the duration, you could easily compute how much fuel it would take you to fly 45 more minutes for a day flight, and one 1 hour for night flight. This would be for your reserve. I'm sure others will chime in and provide more elaborate answers. Have fun,Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Guest garwig

"The simplest, though not the most realistic, way would be to plan a flight with FS9's flight planner, and look at the estimated fuel burn in the flight log..."The problem with this is that the FS9 flight planner is way off on its estimates. You're better off doing a short test flight and measuring your own fuel burn (to include fuel to top-of-climb, cruise fuel in Pounds Per Hour, and descent). With this info you can accurately plan for your flight, plus reserves, plus diverting to your alternate airport.-Gary Letona

Guest bobsk8

757-767 About 11,000 pounds per hour.

Guest vrandar

Robin, if you want to email me I'll reply with a spreadsheet for calculating the appropriate fuel in the smaller Airbus family.

Guest Robin MacLaurin

Another question in regards to fuel loading. Has anyone use one of the many fuel planners offered and if you have how accurate are they when applied to 3rd party downloaded aircraft? How accurate is the FS9 fuel and pax loading program and is it applied accurately to 3rd party aircraft and such? I still haven't figured it out especially the CG which seems pretty strange. Would the aircraft sit on its tail if all the weight was moved to the back of the a/c using the CG fuel and pax loading? I have to try it out to see if that happens. Robin

Guest vrandar

The best thing to do is to calculate your fuel using the dedicated fuel planner that comes with the 3rd party aircraft , if it has one. It will have been programmed to be accurate so why not use it. Or yu can do as I do and create your own spreadsheet (or get one from me) which takes into account all the variables that are required for planning accurately including winds aloft, TAT, holding, reserve, taxi fuel, alternates etc.

Guest garwig

>757-767 About 11,000 pounds per hour.>>In the real thing, yes. In a FS replica? With a sim-pilot? I'd do a test flight before putting my sim passengers on board. :)