Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

Updating P3D

So I'm currently on P3D v3.2.2 can I update to the latest version from my current version without having to uninstall everything and reinstall all my addons? I really don't have time to reinstall everything and I just bought the new Active Sky 2016 and it says I need to update to the latest version of P3D in order to use it.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

So I'm currently on P3D v3.2.2 can I update to the latest version from my current version without having to uninstall everything and reinstall all my addons?

Yes,     No 3rd Party Software Uninstalling or Reinstalling required,  Only takes Minutes.

Same question was answered here

http://www.avsim.com/topic/492920-is-35-worth-the-upgrade-hassle-from-30/?p=3462569

• Upvote 1

Yes,     No 3rd Party Software Uninstalling or Reinstalling required,  Only takes Minutes.

Same question was answered here

http://www.avsim.com/topic/492920-is-35-worth-the-upgrade-hassle-from-30/?p=3462569

Elaine, I just did everything you told me and the only problem I have now is a black cloud following my plane everywhere, i checked the forums and people are saying delete the Shaders folder which I did but it still didnt work. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Elaine, I just did everything you told me and the only problem I have now is a black cloud following my plane everywhere, i checked the forums and people are saying delete the Shaders folder which I did but it still didnt work. 

Hello Ron,   Are you using any shader Ad On's like RSP?  This is Not compiable with V3.35.  

Black Clouds most of the time is related to your ShadersHLSL folder,   But doing a Client Update should sort this out.  

Uninstall the Client Again and Reinstall Client,  Restart your Computer.   Delete your Shaders folder In  AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D ► Shaders

Come back to me and let me know

Hello Ron,   Are you using any shader Ad On's like RSP?  This is Not compiable with V3.35.  

Black Clouds most of the time is related to your ShadersHLSL folder,   But doing a Client Update should sort this out.  

Uninstall the Client Again and Reinstall Client,  Restart your Computer.   Delete your Shaders folder In  AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D ► Shaders

Come back to me and let me know

So I did all of this and it worked, however when I install some new Rex Ess Texuters I get the black clouds again. Any idea why?

Ron Hamilton

Sure sound like the REX product installation is the problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Sure sound like the REX product installation is the problem.

I didn't reinstall REX since I updated to the new 3.5 version of P3D. I'll probably have to see what version of Rex Ess I have maybe it needs to be updated.

Ron Hamilton

All the latest versions of REX products should work without any problem in P3Dv3.3.5

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

So I did all of this and it worked, however when I install some new Rex Ess Texuters I get the black clouds again. Any idea why?

Ron,  How are you getting on,  It would be good to know what the solution is or was.

Are you saying that the Default Prepar3D Clouds work perfect Yes? 

Are you saying when you Inject Rex you have Cloud Clouds,  Can you confirm this?  

What Version and what Rex product do you have?  

Try Updating this software before you do anything else.

=======================

More Importantly  

Have you backed up your Prepar3D folder (17 Default Yellow folders)   Specifically your ShadersHLSL folder ! 

If you have, Just Delete\Move your ShadersHLSL folder out of your Prepar3D folder and Move the new one in,  Then before you do anything else,  test and confirm you have nice white clouds.

If you haven't backed up your Prepar3D folder and to get a clean copy of your ShadersHLSL folder back,  Uninstall and Reinstall Client again But this time make a copy of your ShadersHLSL folder and put it somewhere safe so you can quickly Move\Delete this folder out and move in the new one if anything goes wrong "Black Clouds" or Corrupt files

Ron,  How are you getting on,  It would be good to know what the solution is or was.

Are you saying that the Default Prepar3D Clouds work perfect Yes? 

Are you saying when you Inject Rex you have Cloud Clouds,  Can you confirm this?  

What Version and what Rex product do you have?  

Try Updating this software before you do anything else.

=======================

More Importantly  

Have you backed up your Prepar3D folder (17 Default Yellow folders)   Specifically your ShadersHLSL folder ! 

If you have, Just Delete\Move your ShadersHLSL folder out of your Prepar3D folder and Move the new one in,  Then before you do anything else,  test and confirm you have nice white clouds.

If you haven't backed up your Prepar3D folder and to get a clean copy of your ShadersHLSL folder back,  Uninstall and Reinstall Client again But this time make a copy of your ShadersHLSL folder and put it somewhere safe so you can quickly Move\Delete this folder out and move in the new one if anything goes wrong "Black Clouds" or Corrupt files

OK, so still having the same issue. I've checked all the forums and have done what other people have to fix it and it just doesn't work. I also have the latest SoftClouds and Rex Ess updates. It fine until I install REX textures. I don't get it, usually I can find away around these problems as I have been using the sim for like 15 years now. I appreciate your help though Elaine.

Ron Hamilton

Ok Ron how are you getting on?  Did you find the culprit to your Problem ? 

Ok Ron how are you getting on?  Did you find the culprit to your Problem ? 

Yes! I just did everything I did before but again and for some reason it worked this time. 

Thank you for checking up! Greetings from Canada!

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton