Sign in to follow this  
sonofswa

Weather.dll with PMDG 777

Ever since I re-installed my PMDG 777 onto my FSX:SE, I've gotten crashes with the file causing it being weather.dll.  I've read all the previous topics about this, deleted every single .WX file on my PC, and deleted the fsx.cfg in order to get a new one.  I even uninstalled the PMDG 777 and re installed it.  The only way I can fly is with the settings being on clear skies, but I want to do some real life weather, as clear skies is starting to bore me (you can understand, right?)  The game has a fatal error and CTD a few seconds into the game, no matter what aircraft of where I am, or even what weather type, as long as it is not the clear skies setting.  I don't want to uninstall, as I have TONS of addons in the game right now (6 years of accumulating payware) that I spent 2 weeks installing.  It just happened after the PMDG 777 was installed. 

Help please! 

Did you ever read the suggestions in the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 37, regarding the weather.dll?  These recommendations were collected from AVSIM and searching all the other flight simulation websites.  See my signature for a link to the CTD Guide.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I did all those steps, and the game worked, but after I reached like above 500ft after takeoff, it crashed again with weather.dll being the issue. Also, when I selected use real life weather updated every 15 min from the weather menu, the game crashed again right there, before I even loaded a flight right after it downloaded jeppesen weather. I really don't want to uninstall but it may look like I will have to... Any other ideas? Should I delete the weather.dll and somehow get a new one, or will I have to uninstall?

Edit: Loaded a WSS Piper Seminole at my local airport with Fair weather setting on, and the game crashed within 5 seconds with a fatal error due to the weather.dll file.

Did you rename your FSX.cfg (so that you can bring it back if it does not work), restart FSX and let the config rebuild.  Do not mess with the settings.  Go fly. 

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

It crashed right after it created "program created temporary flight.FLT/.WX/.FSSAVE in the folder the same as the config right after I selected real world weather. I did not mess with any settings. 

Looks like the weather source is providing bad data, causing weather.dll to crash.

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

It crashed right after it created "program created temporary flight.FLT/.WX/.FSSAVE in the folder the same as the config right after I selected real world weather. I did not mess with any settings. 

How do you get the file FSSAVE in the same folder as the fsx.cfg?  I have a wx file.  No fssave anywhere on my computer.

I just tried FSX and the real world and I had no problems whatsoever loading the real world.  I wonder if your logbook.bin is corrupt.  Did you try renaming it to logbook.old? Are you loading a saved flight?

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Ill rename my logbook.  The FSSAVE file just appeared in the folder along with the others.  I'm not loading a saved flight, it just happens with any weather type that isn't "clear skies". 

Edit: Did that, and did some flying in a WSS Piper Seminole doing the pattern at Phoenix/Mesa airport with "Fair weather" which made scattered clouds.  Stayed below about 2,500 ft, and I had no problems.  Next flight I loaded the default FSX Agusta Westland Helicopter around KSFO with "fogged in" selected.  Worked fine for 5 min, then a random crash.  I did see that there was a new .WX folder added from the previous flight.  Should I delete that and see if that works? 

I uninstalled FSX, re-installed and got the same error message. I give up hope, I guess I'll only fly clear skies from now on... no foggy approaches anymore oh well.