Sign in to follow this  
funkcanna

Flight Planning Question

Hi. I don't know if this is the correct place to post this but as I'm using P3D I picked here so apologies if it's wrong.

When flight planning with Aivlasoft or Route Finder etc I often see [dst] or other things in square brackets. What does this mean? I've tried searching but I can't find an answer!

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Do you see the brackets in reference to a time? If so, I can only think of 'Daylight Saving Time'.

Ian S

38.jpg

Could you provide an example of a route where you see that?

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

A route I've just seen it on is KVOK to KJAC created through Route Finder in Aivlasoft EFB. The [dst] part appears as though it's in the STAR approach (runway 19, ILSY, DNW transition)

I couldn't reproduce it to see in what context it shows. Could it be related to "destination"?

Joel Pacheco

X-plane 11.5, i7 4790k OC 4.8GHz (1.330V) - Nvidia GTX 1080ti - Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 - Corsair Hydro Series H115i - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 - Samsung 860 EVO SSD 500Gb  - Windows 10 Pro - HP Reverb G2 

Sure it's not "DCT"?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I think you mean DCT, meaning a "direct" route between the two points.

hello.

Id place a bet on its struggling to find you a correct route that complies with NRP.  

I just tried the route on LIDO and Jetplanner, both had issues trying to do it because theres no sid out of KVOK and the transition point of DNW isnt on a high level airway only a low level one. So both jetplanner and lido are getting stuck at BOY. 

Alas with a bit of tweaking, there you go.  

KVOK..RWF J34 DPR J32 BOY V298 DNW..KJAC

cheers 

14ppkc-6.png

Thanks all. It's definitely [dst].

Also I've noticed [alt] as well. I assume this is altitude but not sure why it's there?

Where are you seeing them can you post a screenshot, and route finder is crap, You'll be better off using pfpx, fboweb. Flightaware and edi-gla.co.uk

Alt could mean alternative airport with a screenshot it could mean anything. Do me a favour and run a route between eggw and egss and from lfll to Geneva and tell me what route it gives you

14ppkc-6.png