Sign in to follow this  
hawkhero

ORBX for my type of flying?

That type of flying is probably not what Orbx is designed for, but Global does improve general texturing and I think you'd still get some improvement from it, even at FL350.    Just comes down to whether the price/investment is worth it to you, for how much/little scenery you get to see at that altitude.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Global, and maybe the landclass and vector products, is fine for the high altitude stuff. What you probably don't need are the full-fat regions.

• Upvote 1

It depends on how much money you have. If you are on a very tight budget FTX Global would be a waste of money indeed but if you have the resources to get it, it DOES make things look better even at higher altitudes (unless the sky is constantly overcast :wink: ). I wouldn't call it a WASTE of money because it does enhance things.

I'd say it makes a difference. Terrain is terrain, no matter what altitude you fly at. A little expensive but note that it's a global enhancement.

I fly the Airbus and 777 and wanted to know do you use ORBX global? Would it be a waste of money being that I'm at 35000 ft for most of the flight?

To be honest, you really don't need much when you are flying airliners.. Pretty much mesh, custom airports, active sky, rex textures.. Good enough to give you all the glory of airliner flying. You won't notice much of orbx global textures and all while coming in for approach and landing. And it will save you the headache of OOMs...

To be honest, you really don't need much when you are flying airliners.. Pretty much mesh, custom airports, active sky, rex textures.. Good enough to give you all the glory of airliner flying. You won't notice much of orbx global textures and all while coming in for approach and landing. And it will save you the headache of OOMs...

I have to disagree here.

I use global and the landclass products and some of the full fat regions. None of them are a wasted sight at 35.000 feet.

Just to give you an example:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/112711-flights-69-77-going-down-under/&do=findComment&comment=768196

These are shots I took flying over FTX Australia with the first one showing their Alice Springs add-on.