Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Annoying OOM dinging, need help!

Okay this is weird, I have a pretty decent setup, not sure why but I am constantly getting a lot of those OOM dinging sounds early in the game now. Even when sitting at the gate doing my cockpit preparations. I have my settings set to medium, and not sure what is eating up so much VAS during the very beginning stages of my flight.

I am running P3D v3.3.5 with the following add-ons:

PMDG 777, FSDT KIAH, FTX Global, FTX openLC NA, FTX Vector, Active Sky Next, Pro-ATCX, PFPX, Aivlasoft EFB, FS2Crew 777, RAAS

My p3d settings are:

Texture Size 2048x2048

MSAA 4x

AA 4x

FXAA off

The 3 autogen sliders normal

Special Effects low

AI Traffic Commercial 15%, GA 0%, Airport Traffic Low

Cars 5%, Ships 10%, Ferries 4%

I am using Rob;'s Vector settings and have disabled swamps, marsges, tertiary, 2ndary roads etc.

Dynamic Reflections off

Lens Flare off

Shadows Low

Water Medium

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit with 32GB Ram installed. I know P3D has a 4GB limit, but is there a way to find out what's taking up my VAS? The other apps I have running alongside P3D are using my system memory outside of the 4GB VAS right? This is extremely annoying as I can't even fly the PMDG 777 most of the time without running out of memory. Sigh I really hope P3D makes the switch to 64bit soon.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Did you actually check your VAS...? Maybe the dingding (using FSUIPC, I presume?) is set up wrong somehow?

PMDG 777, FSDT KIAH, FTX Global, FTX openLC NA, FTX Vector, Texture Size 2048x2048 ....... The perfect cocktail for OOM. And now with open lc na it seems that situation is worse than ever ....

Try to reduce the texture size, and put traffic on zero .... Perhaps, but not sure it will do the job ...

• Upvote 5

I also noticed this has become more frequently since i moved to 4K and offcause installed Vector and OpenLC NA.

But i find it normal since RAAS+Vector cant eat 4-500MB of VAS alone.

Try without them (at least disable RAAS from your exe.dll (or xml.dll) and Vector to only sparse roads  

If using REX you could go for 1024/512 on cloud texture size as well

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Sorry I'm also using Rex Texture Direct 4 with Soft Clouds and My Traffic 6 as well. I am already using 1024/512 for the cloud textures. 

My resolution is 2560x1600.

and yes I'm using FSUIPC to monitor my VAS. I notice it starts with about 750000 and then the ding noises starts around 250000, and then OOM error at around 111000.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Check your system for virus or malwares. I had the same VAS problem and  found a malware that was using about 75% of CPU and GPU and was not detected by anti-virus. I found out when using process Lasso, it was listed above P3d..

Mulgrave.

Try disabling OpenLC NA lights in the scenery library and see if that has an effect...I suspect these may be causing some of the VAS problems reported with OpenLC NA.....both day and night.  I could be wrong...I have not tested the VAS effect of them yet to confirm but wouldn't hurt to try.  They are causing me other issues related to performance and it happens both day and night.  Disabling the lights solves the issue for me.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Malware? I have tried using Malware Antibytes and Spybot Search & Destroy already. Didn't really detect anything out of the ordinary.

However I do notice that there seem to be a window that pops up randomly and closes so quickly that I have no idea what it is. It's like a Command window, but it looks all black. Not sure if this is Windows 10 is doing it's auto updates or not. Is there a way to see what that Window is and what it's doing? I can't even go into task manager to see the process because it happens in like a blink of an eye.

I had similar probs and unistalled vector, I was the same went to heathrow with 777 or concorde etc and my vas was down to 300 or less - so after  a while I uninstalled vector - no more ooms.

This is only for my setup and may be different for others - so leave it with you.

Denis Brown

PMDG 777, FSDT KIAH, FTX Global, FTX openLC NA, FTX Vector, Texture Size 2048x2048 ....... The perfect cocktail for OOM. And now with open lc na it seems that situation is worse than ever ....

Ding ding ding! Nailed it there!

Aside for the NA LC bit, sure it adds to the heap but it gets called out only because it's the most recent addon that many of us have added and therefore gets more blame.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Sure, i agree with you Dave but as you know the model of sales of  Orbx conduct you to buy the 3 Item (global / vector / open LC ).

So if you want to add a good airport and a big tubeliner .......... 

Ding ding ding! Nailed it there!

Aside for the NA LC bit, sure it adds to the heap but it gets called out only because it's the most recent addon that many of us have added and therefore gets more blame.

So there's no way I can run all these add-ons simultaneously when flying PMDG 777? You're meaning to tell me that nobody here can run the following add-ons without getting OOM in P3D?

All the add-ons I'm currently running (in no particular order):

1. PMDG 777
  2. FSDT KIAH
  3. FTX Global
  4. FTX openLC NA
  5. FTX Vector
  6. Active Sky Next
  7. Pro-ATCX
  8. PFPX
  9. Aivlasoft EFB
  10. FS2Crew 777
  11. RAAS
  12. REX Texture Direct 4 with Soft Clouds
  13. MyTraffic 6
  14. Immersion 777 (FSPackages)

If the answer is yes, then the problem doesn't only apply to me. Looks like I'll have to give up one or more add-ons then. It would be great if there's a way for me to pinpoint exactly how much VAS usage each add-on is using, that way I can make a better judgement on what I should disable.

Hi Aaron,

Try the following:

LOD - 4.5 (P3d setting in the middle I think)
Texture size - 1024

This will save at least 400mb to 500mb VAS. But even then, 500mb is still not enough to get you from point A to point B in the 777. Also, I would disable FTX openLC NA and FTX Vector if most of your flying is at FL410. As stated above, you have created the perfect storm in OOM.

Fly safe

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

Sure, i agree with you Dave but as you know the model of sales of  Orbx conduct you to buy the 3 Item (global / vector / open LC ).

So if you want to add a good airport and a big tubeliner .......... 

Of course they want you to buy all three but it doesn't mean you have to. I have all three but choose not to install Vector as it was brutal on the VAS, among other things and the sim works and looks great without it. Before the NA LC came out on previous my build a couple weeks ago I ran UTX NA and it was VERY good, combining vector, and landclass together in one package. I still think I'll run that route for Europe actually, UTX does a fantastic job without hitting the VAS as hard as the vector/LC combo from ORBX.

It would be great if there's a way for me to pinpoint exactly how much VAS usage each add-on is using

You can.. Disable them one by one and run the sim to see. Personally, I'd reboot the pc between each test just to keep the playing field level. Start with RAAS and see what happens, I was pleasantly surprised. Only you though can decide what is worth disabling or reducing in your sim. You have a ton of options there to play with to make it work.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

"Personally, I'd reboot the pc between each test just to keep the playing field level"

I agree with this as well. I always reboot my PC after a flight.

Fly safe

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC