Sign in to follow this  
conura

Rotate MD-80

Hey all,

My VA has an Md-80 in the fleet and I'm considering picking this up for XP10. Is it anywhere close to Ixeg or FF 767 level of detail?

Thanks

Graphically yes, it looks amazing and flies well. System wise it is not there yet, a few things missing. However the devs have not abandoned it and continue to work on adding in new features. This is a plane that will mature over time.

• Upvote 1

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

Graphically yes, it looks amazing and flies well. System wise it is not there yet, a few things missing. However the devs have not abandoned it and continue to work on adding in new features. This is a plane that will mature over time.

Agreed!

Not perfect yet but, it's very well modeled and I don't regret spending the $$$ on it.  Graphics, interior and exterior, are better than most and systems seem true to the FSX MD-80 from Feel There.  FMC and some issues with flight plans have come up but, nothing sim pilot with some experience can't handle.

Or you could wait for our release later this year.

I just had a look at your video - that looks great. Do you have any more information on this release? I'm not familiar with A.T.S - are you pitched at the PMDG / FF /IXEG level?

Or you could wait for our release later this year.

I'm waiting for both of them  :wink:

Maybe this is not appropriate thread to ask(and i apologise to OP), but can you please share something about flight dynamics in the future? From forums(here and .org)is clear that is a serious system simulation, but i'm curious about flight dynamics too. I've modified FDE's for many fsx planes, and i'm currently working on my own project for X-Plane(i will share details when i have something to show, still working on graphics), so I'm really interested in this aspect. And i'm a big fan of MD80 series / MD11   :smile:

Hey all,

My VA has an Md-80 in the fleet and I'm considering picking this up for XP10. Is it anywhere close to Ixeg or FF 767 level of detail?

Thanks

Not sure about that, but here is a video review, with real MD80 pilot: 

It seems to have some flight dynamics issues, and systems are not so good, they said this is not planed to be study level sim. I'll wait for A.T.S.

I just had a look at your video - that looks great. Do you have any more information on this release? I'm not familiar with A.T.S - are you pitched at the PMDG / FF /IXEG level?

Glad you liked it and actually things are much better than what you saw in the video, we're aiming at higher level that's the reason our development time is longer than someone else.

You can check the original thread at the .org or the one that was later opened here.

• Upvote 2

Our web site: http://ats-simulations.com/

Our MD-82/83 Project Youtube channel: A.T.S. Aircraft Training Solutions

Video development preview created by Thomas Rasmussen: Aircraft Training Solutions (A.T.S.) MD-82 for X-Plane 10 - Preview

Glad you liked it and actually things are much better than what you saw in the video, we're aiming at higher level that's the reason our development time is longer than someone else.

You can check the original thread at the .org or the one that was later opened here.

Excellent thanks for the links. I'm addicted to high fidelity aircraft so it'll be a day one buy for me :)

It seems to have some flight dynamics issues, and systems are not so good, they said this is not planed to be study level sim. I'll wait for A.T.S.

They had some flight dynamics problems. The flight dynamics and so on were improved in the meantime significantly. But they are still some distance away from a "study level sim".

If they ever become a study level sim is a totally different question. If we look at FlyJSims 727. It was originally quite a way to a study level sim, but 2.0 is study level although it wasn´t originally planned this way,

• Upvote 3

Excellent thanks for the links. I'm addicted to high fidelity aircraft so it'll be a day one buy for me :)

Thank you very much!!!

Our web site: http://ats-simulations.com/

Our MD-82/83 Project Youtube channel: A.T.S. Aircraft Training Solutions

Video development preview created by Thomas Rasmussen: Aircraft Training Solutions (A.T.S.) MD-82 for X-Plane 10 - Preview

Not sure about that, but here is a video review, with real MD80 pilot: 

To be fair, while i still am no real fan of the rotatesim md-80, that video is based on the inital release and there have been updates that adressed some of these points. So it does come off relativley harsh

• Upvote 4

I have no a idea how good is the rotate md-80, i don't own it. Just googled for a review. It would be great if they can make it study level sim. Graphics are realy great

Hi,

In the meantime we have recently released version 1.3 Pro of the MD-80, which is also compatible with X-Plane 11. You can check out the features video and the new (extended) procedures video tutorial (part 1):

Enjoy!

• Upvote 1

On 8/10/2016 at 4:42 PM, alfamike said:

Just came across this thread, while looking at the sale at the org store for the Rotate MD-80.  I must say, now that I am in XP11 most of the time, and I liked the FSX's Maddog from Leonardo very much, I am looking forward to this bird.  Count me in.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

On 7/1/2017 at 9:30 AM, Anxu00 said:

Just came across this thread, while looking at the sale at the org store for the Rotate MD-80.  I must say, now that I am in XP11 most of the time, and I liked the FSX's Maddog from Leonardo very much, I am looking forward to this bird.  Count me in.

I would be very cautious with ATS. They released their MD-80 about 5 months ago. It got terrible reviews so they pulled it from the store. Made up some BS story and said it would be back for sale a month after. Now we are in July still nothing and the people who bought it originally were given no refunds.

They then went on a rant and publically complained about Rotate who announced they were bringing out a MD-11, when they wanted to do one. They got slammed on the XP forums and not heard from since.