Sign in to follow this  
Germania

Aircraft turns right mid air

Hi Justin,

A few months ago, I had a similar problem only with PMDG 777/737 "left turn in mid-flight", so maybe this help you.

Change your motherboard battery.

I've seen the 777 start to turn off course for no apparent reason. It is very rare but it wasn't weather related. I suspected a combination of things including using time compression but it is never repeatable. Last time it happened may have been more than a year ago.... like I said. Rare and odd.

I recommend OP not use Opus and if possible invest in AS2016.

As for crosswinds....., the airplane is never aware of constant moving air except through reference to the ground.

Dan Downs KCRP

So, it was definetly Opus. Several test flights without it were perfect. 

I wont ever buy any Active Sky product cause I dont support their price policy. 

What's wrong with their price policy?

scandinavian13

Thanks so much for being kind and courteous to people who are incorrect, and explaining to them why they are wrong in a friendly manner. I wish that other simulation devs were as professional and well mannered as you :D. Just thought you needed to know that youre appriciated

Aidan Hutchison

What's wrong with their price policy?

I'm guess that it has to do with having to buy separate licenses for P3D and FSX if he wants to get AS16. Same as PMDG policy however.

To bad for him though. Boycotting a product due to something like that means that he'll have to put up with OPUS problems he had posted about and won't get the other radar and weather/wind integrations that AS16 and PMDG offer.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I wont ever buy any Active Sky product cause I don't support their price policy.

Your loss, AS16+ASCA is amazing. But just to play devils advocate, following your logic why did you buy a PMDG product since their policy is almost identical? Or is it purely selective outrage?

Keep it civil, or this thread gets put out in the lav cart dump shack.

If none of you have been in one of those things consider yourself lucky, but also try to imagine the peril that this thread faces. It's in your hands.

Kyle Rodgers

Keep it civil, or this thread gets put out in the lav cart dump shack.

OK, I'll bite, what is a "lav cart dump shack"?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

OK, I'll bite, what is a "lav cart dump shack"?

A real world equivalent of the pit of despair:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/38%C2%B056'44.9%22N+77%C2%B027'19.0%22W/@38.945793,-77.4558352,231m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d38.945792!4d-77.455288

In polite terms, it's where the lav trucks go at the end of the shift.

Kyle Rodgers

In polite terms, it's where the lav trucks go at the end of the shift.

Sorry I asked.  At any rate I will try very hard never to make any thread go south.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I'm using FSGRW and I had to disable aloft turbulences to get rid of that erratic behaviour. Thank god just the turbulences and not all of the wind.

Disable the wind aloft. Opus has been noted for having a sketchy upper wind model.

Another wrong set of tires?  :wink:

Over the past 6-7 years I have tried FSX weather, Opus, Rex, and FSGRW. After messing around with the new weather engine for half of a year, I end up installing some version of Active Sky and use it until the next great engine comes out and falls on its' face. Use ASN SP5 or AS16 and save yourself a lot of headaches.

• Upvote 1