Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildfire563

Statue of Liberty

Guest wildfire563

Hi,I've been looking around New York lately, and I noticed that I had two Statue of Liberties. One is the default, and one is Daniel B

i have a feeling the addon is in the same location of the original. You need to disable the default statue to use your addon. Im not shure, but i think you have to search for that scenery file and delete it, leaving that space in fs free for the addon statue to take its place...

Guest wildfire563

Ahh, I found the second instance. Scott Gridley moved it for FFNE.I'd still like to contact Daniel, however, so either he or I could edit his model to fit.Thanks,Thomas

thats too bad Daniels statue isn't in the right place for UT:USA. I would love a fix for that

I have FFNE, UTUSA, Aerosoft Manhattan and Daniel's statue installed but all work perfectly together. The file in use is liberty3.zip - I do not know if he released an earlier version which might not fit.

Guest wildfire563

That definately looks like Daniel's SOL in the pic.I believe you have Aerosoft Manhattan installed with a higher priority than UTUSA and FFNE, and therefore AM's coastline is overwriting UTUSA and has moved the island back to its original default position (incorrect I imagine, but who cares really as long as it looks right).I do not have Manhattan, and with either FFNE or UTUSA installed, Daniel's SOL is not on the island. The only reason I think that I saw the default SOL on the island with FFNE or UTUSA was because Scott had moved it there for FFNE, and I use the reduced FFNE when I have UTUSA installed, which includes the SOL move.But this is really confusing. If you have FFNE installed, then you, too, should see two SOLs. Did you disable the SOL bgl in FFNE? You should have a FFNE_StatueOfLiberty.bgl in your FFNE scenery directory.I'm pretty sure I am using the liberty3.zip version of Daniel's SOL. But, either way, both the Avsim and flightsim.com versions of Daniel's SOL files have all the same exact dates.I think if you turn off Manhattan, and you are using Daniel's SOL, that you will find Daniel's statue is not on the island anymore. Would you check this for me? Make sure you have a liberty.bgl and sol_ex.bgl in one of your active scenery directories.Thanks,Thomas

Guest MePooch

Thomas,I will check tomorrow and come back as presently I am out-of-town.Ciao, Peter

Guest MePooch

Thomas,I am still out-of-town - but just found Daniel's email: Daniac@gmx.deCiao, Peter

Thomas,I have seen your post in the Flight1 forum and see you are already on track. Anyway, as promised, here my setup:from higher to lower priority: FFNE Aerosoft Manhattan Daniel's SOL UTUSANo matter if FFNE_StatueOfLiberty.BGL is installed or not in FFNE, Aerosoft Manhattan overrules it even being in lower priority.FFNE reduced for use with UTUSA as per Scott's indication.Ciao, Peter

Guest wildfire563

Hi Peter,I'm a little confused. FFNE SOL is the statue only; basically, I believe Scott just took the default and moved it to a more correct position. Are you saying AM turns off the statue from FFNE even when it has lower priority?If you are using reduced FFNE, it's coastlines have been turned off so Aerosoft will always override the island. I have seen pics of Manhattan on top of UT and Megascenery, and you can see their liberty island sticking out from underneath Manhattan's.I don't know what would happen with full FFNE higher priority than Manhattan. I imagine you would still see the AM SOL island, it may be an object and not a texture and VTP/LWM stuff. I don't know.Thanks,Thomas

Hi Thomas,No, after some more testing I have to correct this: Not having changed my priority sequence, I found that it is not AM which overrules the FFNE but it is UTUSA's function "Remove Misplaced FS2004 Landmarks" which eliminates the FFNE SOL.Once done this it makes sense that AM and Daniel's SOL are then placed in coordination to each other given the higher priority over UTUSA.Ciao, Peter

Don't use FFNE nor AM, but I looked at SOL in Google Earth and got coordinates of 40.689171 / -74.044504. I disassembled Daniel's Lib.bgl and plugged in this posiion and compiled it back, and it came out looking good in UTUSA.scott s..

Guest wildfire563

As I think I have noted in another thread, Daniel has contacted me and given me permission to release a modified version of his statue for Freeflow NE, UTUSA, and Megascenery NY. In conjunction with this and the upcoming release of a new version of Freeflow NE (next few months?), Scott Gridley and I are working on a new version of Liberty (Bedloe) Island that will go with this release of Daniel's Statue and should, assuming the stars align correctly, also work with UT/USA and Megascenery NY.Daniel's previous release already works with Aerosoft's Manhattan scenery, who's Liberty Island does not align with the other three.Anyone want to work on supplying some Circle Line ferries for the scenery, either static or animated?I'm also finishing up work on a new version of the NYBridges.zip file which will be compatible with both Megascenery NY and Aerosoft's Manhattan scenery (it already is compatible with Freeflow NE and UT/USA and FSG 38m mesh).Thanks,Thomas

Will this new version of the SOL be turned perpendicular to Lower Manhattan this time?

Guest wildfire563

it will be in the correct orientation