Sign in to follow this  
dirzao

AppHangB1 crash - FSX SE Freezing

Hello guys.. 

I have been had some problems with my FSX SE.

Everything is running well but suddenly he stop. Only the sound still keep runing... but the simulator is freezed,

during some days I seek for some logs or something else but no success. But yesterday in the same time of crash I caught this error on the Windows event viewer.

"AppHangB1" related to my ASN application.

How can I solve this problem?

I have the last FSUIPC version installed.

My ASN is from Steam too.

thanks .

during some days I seek for some logs or something else but no success. But yesterday in the same time of crash I caught this error on the Windows event viewer.

An apphang or freeze is difficult to solve.  The AVSIM CTD Guide has some suggestions and you should try them (see the last section on probable causes/solutions for Application Hangs).  When only the sound is running in the background, it means you ran out of resources (not Virtual Address Space) and your sim is struggling to continue running.  Means high settings somewhere.  In the FSX.cfg or in the display driver settings.  Of course, something running in the background like a program that is running on a schedule could cause this too. 

If you cannot find a solution looking at the probable causes in the AVSIM CTD Guide, then I would rename or move your fsx-se.cfg to a temporary directory, restart FSX-SE and see if this fixes the problem.  You could have had a tweak in your config that is causing the problem.  When you first installed FSX-SE and ran the default, not adding any tweaks to the config or raising any sliders, you had no issues.  FSX-SE ran great!  Then you added add-ons and things started going downhill afterwards.  You raised some of your config settings and might have added a tweak or two because you had heard they really do super things to ones performance when running FSX-SE.  ASN is totally brutal on resources when you have it set beyond the default settings and you have real world weather and the weather is really bad and you are flying something like the PMDG 777 and landing at a commercial add-on airport with a lot of eye-candy.

This is why I recommend moving or renaming your fsx.cfg because that fixes most of the problems and some say is the same as doing a repair of FSX-SE or uninstalling/reinstalling only easier.  If rebuilding the config does not work then you can bring back the one you had before and you can start looking elsewhere for a solution.  But high settings, using ASN coupled with using payware aircraft and flying over commercial payware scenery is usually a recipe for disaster sometime during the flight.

You can find a link to the AVSIM CTD Guide in my signature.

Good luck!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim .. I'll try it today.

The last thing that I installed was DX10 Fixer and SweetFX+Reshade. 
The interesting is .. sometime I can fly without problem .... during 1 ou 2 hours... but suddenly...  stop ..crash with blank screen and sound .. e closes screen.

In my fsx.cfg from FSX SE I have only AffinityMask=14 tweak because the ASN insert it on the installation moment.

I'll check the CTD guide .  

my PC have this configuration.:
Intel Core I5 4690 3.9ghz - mem 8GB King Hyper 1600mhz - GPU R9 270 2GB DDR5 - HD Caviar Black 1Tb - Power- Huntkey 650w - Win10 - FSX SE.

thanks a lot.

Sweet FX is not compatible with DX10 or very, very few individuals are successful using SweetFX with DX10. 

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

but there is a lot of profile for DX10 available....and many people using it..  are you sure about it?

Well, I'm sure SweetFX is compatible and I didn't mean to say it is completely incompatible.  Only a few people have been successful in getting it to work for them (me included).  So, your error is related to some sort of incompatibility or wrong setting somewhere in the profile.  We have had so many crashes related to SweetFX and the ENBSeries modules.  They are hacks.  They were not made specifically for FSX or P3D.  They work well in some other programs but FSX w/DX10 or even just FSX has issues.  Some graphics experts have been successful and I applaud their ability to make it work.  We have a SweetFSX forum here on AVSIM so I would suggest checking it out if you have not already.

I have a lot of discussions in the AVSIM CTD Guide about the SweetFX hack.  It has a list of all of the files installed in the main folder of FSX.  So, if you need to remove them to make FSX work, then you will need to visit the CTD Guide.  Just removing the .ini file will not fix it as every module like the d3d9.dll in the FSX main folder is loaded and the sim will crash if it does not like the way the file was hacked.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Well, I'm sure SweetFX is compatible and I didn't mean to say it is completely incompatible.  Only a few people have been successful in getting it to work for them (me included).  So, your error is related to some sort of incompatibility or wrong setting somewhere in the profile.  We have had so many crashes related to SweetFX and the ENBSeries modules.  They are hacks.  They were not made specifically for FSX or P3D.  They work well in some other programs but FSX w/DX10 or even just FSX has issues.  Some graphics experts have been successful and I applaud their ability to make it work.  We have a SweetFSX forum here on AVSIM so I would suggest checking it out if you have not already.

I have a lot of discussions in the AVSIM CTD Guide about the SweetFX hack.  It has a list of all of the files installed in the main folder of FSX.  So, if you need to remove them to make FSX work, then you will need to visit the CTD Guide.  Just removing the .ini file will not fix it as every module like the d3d9.dll in the FSX main folder is loaded and the sim will crash if it does not like the way the file was hacked.

Best regards,

and it is not that you were right ?? 

I uninstalled SweetFX and my problem was solved.

I install reshade + Master Effect and.. its working perfectly here..

Thank you so much for your help.