Sign in to follow this  
RobertC

AL traffic

Hello folks, just to let you know im a retired FSX user.  gave it up after years of use and tons of fun and headaches.

tried X plane years ago , but did not like it at the time. 

after a few years of not sim flying, decided to get back in full circle. But i had to decide on a sim, FSX was out, already knew the troubles and did not need to repeat the same headaches, especially when FSX decided to go south.

X plane was the only alternative; its been out just as long as FSX, and has made super tons of improvements. Always liked the way X plane feels when flying but did not like the way it looked visually.

but now Wow.

I wanted a new rig to operate in, so i built a water cooled system.

Asus Z-170-ar MB

Gigabyte GTX 1070 vid 

1T samsung solid state hd

32 gig razor mem

850 Themaltkae PW

480 rad cooling system

Core P5 case

I wanted to see what it could do with X plane.

works better than i expected.  have all sliders turned up and my com wont even break a sweat. so far so good.

well enough of the dumb chatter, you forum folks like to know what we are dealing with.

my question is being new to X plane im kinda lonely out there all by myself,  

i went to tips and tricks , where im at now.  and the gentleman's link is broken.  where do i get those AI planes.

Also im looking for a good !72 to start with. the default one is good.  but you folks know best.

im looking for the best Ai traffic,

weather, atc etc.

So far i like what i see, im already getting the bug all over again.  my wife says im loosing you again.:[

Am i missing something..................RobertC says thanks

Thanks for the reply my friend, but im needing a good traffic program, so i wont feel so lonely.

also in tips and tricks i cannot seem to get the link to get me to the aircraft to download.

Is there a good traffic program.

thanks..............RobertC

I use World Traffic 2.0 and am very happy with it. Yes it has it's drawbacks at the moment in that you need to spend some time setting it up but I have it now just as I need it. Thousands of flight plans at the majority of airports I fly to and from.

There are scripts you can run that generate all the flight plans for you. Visit the product forum on the org.

I took these screenshots at KPHX. What I like about WT 2.0 is that the AI planes follow the correct SID's and STAR's, they use the Navigraph AIRAC files.

As I mentioned it takes a bit of setting up but for me it's worth it. 

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

What clouds are you using there?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I believe it is Clouds Gold Edition X II 1.3 BETA, Think I picked it up from the org sorry it was a while back and I do not have the link.

I prefer these to Skymaxx Pro when flying jets as the clouds reach the horizon and my frame rates are very good with these. I still like Skymaxx pro when flying VFR