Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Any new airports yet

I'm looking for LPFR, LPPT, LGRP and GCTS for P3D V3. I've had a good look but found nothing and i'm not interested in FSX versions and messing up my P3D.

Anyone know if these will be released in the future

Vernon Howells

Tropicalsim does most of these I think.  FSX versions but probably work absolutely fine in P3D.  I have their KDCA and it still looks fine in P3D. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

All your mentioned airports would be perfect for P3D v3... Unfortunately we have to wait.

Philipp Schwaegerl

Simbreeze has a Tenerife for P3D v3. I actually just tried it yesterday. It is pretty decent, way better than the stock airport. Although I did not get much in the way of AI traffic.

FSX airports work with P3D just fine. 

Really wanting these as i have Ryanair airfield briefs for these airports from a pilot.

Will check those websites out guys.

I did try to install my Aerosoft LPPT but the lights don't work

Vernon Howells

I did try to install my Aerosoft LPPT but the lights don't work

Do a google search for "Simmershome"--he has a solution for running many of Aerosoft's FSX sceneries in P3D (including LPPT).

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I remain rather puzzled about this "P3D lights problem" phenomenon. I have several airports working in P3D v3.3.5 that do not have any runway lights at all, and yet have working taxiway (or runway threshold) lights. I also have airports that have full runway lighting. So what is the problem with lights in P3D? If some developers can do it, why can't the rest? If some airports have working taxiway lights, then why is there a problem with runway lights? :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi its all in german though?

Chris i'm not sure i only tried it once and that happened maybe i done it wrong? I stopped at that because i never wanted to brake P3D

Vernon Howells

No, but the Freeware of GCLP (SimGiants I think) does work very good. All lights and PAPIs working.. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

I bought the migration tool installed LPPT and LPFR still no lights at both airports

Vernon Howells

The EMT only retargets the directories that the scenery is installed to in order to restructure an FSX scenery into the P3D directory structure...it does not actually modify, add, or delete bgl files, which is necessary in many cases where scenery design techniques carried over from older simulators no longer work in P3D.  Many of Aerosoft's sceneries use techniques that have not been officially supported since FS9, and with the move to DX11 in P3D some of those techniques have finally become irretrievably broken.

The Simmershome patches are more in-depth where they need to be.  You might try going to translate.google.com and type the simmershome.de web url there to get a quasi-english translation of the site.  He's moved his stuff to a faux web store, but the prices at "checkout" are all zero (hence the name zero-shop).  The patches are at the bottom of the page--the download files contain instructions in both english and german.

Anyway, his patches got quite a few of my Aerosoft sceneries working in P3D3.  I found it worth the time to sort through it.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I bought the migration tool installed LPPT and LPFR still no lights at both airports

Hello.

I would recommend that you discard the Aerosoft version of LPFR and try the Tropicalsim one. You just have to point the installer to your main P3Dv3 folder and add the scenery to the library. Everything works great including runway lights. In fact Tropicalsim stated on their forums that all their sceneries marked as P3Dv2 are fully compatible with v3. I even have LATI (Tirana) witch is marked as P3Dv1 fully working on v3.

Regarding Aerosoft's LPPT, Simmershome is indeed the solution. You have to register and look for the P3Dv2 native patches. Then download and follow the installation instructions and you will get the runway lights back.

It's a shame that the site is only available in German, but like some have said, google translator will help you with that...

In my personal opinion I would advise you to avoid using the "Migration Tool"(s). In fact all you really need is to add a key to the windows registry to trick your system to believe that you have FSX/P3Dv2 installed.

With that all the FSX/P3Dv2 installers that don't allow to change the installation path or that refuse to install because they can't find the simulator will work flawlessly and install everything on your P3Dv3 folder.

If you google "FSX registry key" you'll find more information about it. It's really easy. With that you avoid installing the problematic "Migration Tools" that sometimes screw all your installations changing things you can't control.

Good luck.

Thats great thanks alo guys.

waiting on confirmation for the as international download

Vernon Howells