Sign in to follow this  
patrico

How do I get rain/snow on my runways?

ADMIN, feel free to move this post if I have posted it in the wrong forum. My problem is, how do I  get live rain and snow on my runways? There is nothing more unrealistic than landing on a dry runway after a cloud burst or a snow storm. FYI    I am using ASN and REX4. I am almost certain that I had this before, but am I dreaming?

Does anyone  read this forum or have I posted my query in the wrong forum ?

In my experience it only shows with default sceneries.  But I will happily stand corrected :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Some developer do seasonal textures and some of them do wet ground surface, but not all.. So what Scenery exactly do you have without snow / wet surface?

Philipp Schwaegerl

Just thought I'd add that the upcoming freeware for Detroit International Airport is supposed to have snow blowing across the runway (during the winter season).  Pretty neat affect!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Here is something interesting I found for some aircraft, it will not add water streaming in the runways but will add atmospheric effects to your aircraft:

https://fsfxpackages.com/en/

\Robert Hamlich/

Yes sir, and it's FANTASTIC!  I have all the packages, and couldn't recommend them more!

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

ADMIN, feel free to move this post if I have posted it in the wrong forum. My problem is, how do I  get live rain and snow on my runways? There is nothing more unrealistic than landing on a dry runway after a cloud burst or a snow storm. FYI    I am using ASN and REX4. I am almost certain that I had this before, but am I dreaming?

Not sure what Pat is asking - as far as I know only Flytampa offers drifting snow at Montreal Toronto and Copenhagen payware  - you can see it here on Robs excellent video which reminds me have to aks George to make sure its included in the new KBOS

Rich Sennett

Pretty sure they offer it at MDW too. Believe ai saw somethinf about it in the configuratorx but I could be wrong.

Pretty sure they offer it at MDW too. Believe ai saw somethinf about it in the configuratorx but I could be wrong.

Good to know - have to look into it - thanks

Rich Sennett

In my experience it only shows with default sceneries.  But I will happily stand corrected :-

Very possible Gavin as maybe my early days of FS is what I remember default airports  and aircraaft

Thanks for that guys, its a very complex situation.. What is needed is  weather engine  developer  needs  to  have snow and rain on the ground at  airports  to match the current weather conditions that are being generated by the weather engine

But the weather engine is not responsible for the ground textures of snow and rain. the developer of the scenery must take care of this. 

Philipp Schwaegerl