Sign in to follow this  
bdenny20

Collins Questions

Hey there.

Normally I can figure things out on my own, but this one is stumping me.  Getting into some of the fancier glass cockpits after spending several iterations of flight sims using older, analogue based cockpits from Carenado.  I've got myself the King Air 90 for Pr3pared.  Neat plane.  Always attracted to the Beechcraft lineup.

Question is, how do you get the airspace border to popup on the moving map?  I do a LOT of VFR travel on VATSIM.  Especially when ATC is staffed.  I know it seems counterproductive, but I like to play the system to best of my ability, and that involves hopping in and around airspace borders and ceilings/floors.  It's fun picking your way through congested airspace knowing some APP controller is probably watching you to see if you bust some of the airspace your coming tantalizing close to.  Good times.

The default GPS, despite it's obvious shortcomings was good at one thing.  A nice visual of the airspace borders.  That, combined with a VFR sectional, got you where you needed to go with little effort.  Now, I could get by without the borders, and just spend more time plotting a route rather going with the flow, but I figured I'd ask anyways.

Much thanks!

carenado gps uses the default gps map. By definition it has the tca of each airspace including control centers and borders. I don't know if this is what you are asking.

Yep.  Just trying to figure out how to make those borders appear.  I can declutter, but they won't show up.