Sign in to follow this  
Guest jwhak1

Payware Plane's

Guest jwhak1

Fellow Simmers, Hello I have quite a few add-on aircraft which I enjoy quite a bit... One question of many I have is this. I have heard that the ATR 72-500 from Flight One actually show's icing on the wings etc. I do have this plane but I don't know If I have ever noticed the icing. Could someone enlighten me on this please. I was also wondering are there any planes out there that the windows ice? Besides the Grumman Goose. I think that Goose is an excellent aircraft but I think it would be a very neat effect where the windows ice up and when you do kick on the heat they would slowly start thawing out instead of blink they are clear. Happy Landings,

Never seen it, didn't hear about it being modelled during development (I was on the beta team).Icing effects are I think modelled, but they're not visible (I doubt FS support that at this stage).Same with window icing.

Guest bobsk8

There is an icing indicator near the pilots window that shows ice buildup in icing conditions. There is no wing or airframe icing modeled.

Guest A32X

I believe the cockpit windows on the Ariane 737 VCe will ice up if conditions are right.

Guest Ultralight

I believe the windows on Bill`s Apache will ice also.Ultralight

Guest ha5mvo

So would Stellan Hilmerby's excellent DC-9.comes highly recommended, and its freeware!//Michael

Guest jwhak1

Howdy, Well Thanks for the info gents... I really wonder about some of the area's I have flown in most GA aircraft's. For the simple fact that if I would have flown some of these area's in some of the weather condition's I would have probably ended up a big block of ice and would have started losing altitude like a brick. Oh and wishing I had an ice scraper to scrape my window real quick on the descent. :( Thanks Again,