Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

ORBX Narvik (ENNK) is finally out

This is a stunning work of art, I've not seen a better looking airport in any sim.

As a supplement to the posts above discussing the prerequisites for being able to install and use Narvik, I don't have Global etc and although about a year ago I bought FTX Norway, because of the problems of compatibility between Aerosoft airports and FTX Norway, I never got around to installing it.

I have FTX Narvik installed over FSX Default scenery. I can't fault the quality of Narvik and how it operates in that context. That is consistent with what I have experienced when previously installing FTX Notodden and FTX Sandane without having the prerequisite FTX Norway installed or installing a number of payware and freeware Global airports without having Global installed - all being installed over FSX Default scenery.

Based on that experience, I don't think that the absence of other FTX products ought to necessarily deter anyone from buying and enjoying Narvik.

Gary

Super, thanks for the video, it was a very interesting interview and great to see and hear some of the key players in the flesh for the first time. What amazed me is that this airport is his first full project, it's an incredible piece of work, and I'm looking forward to what he does next, now if only we could get some of that talent over to X-Plane ;-)

Super, thanks for the video, it was a very interesting interview and great to see and hear some of the key players in the flesh for the first time. What amazed me is that this airport is his first full project, it's an incredible piece of work, and I'm looking forward to what he does next, no if only we could get some of that talent over to X-Plane ;-)

I understand you are looking forward to his next project, this one is a piece of art, but take note that he worked at LEAST three years on this one, probably (a lot) more. So don't hold your breath. ;)

This btw is my main problem with this addon: I like my airports to have a similar quality but it will be a few years before the next one with this quality will be there.

I read somewhere that he was already working on Bodo airport in Norway before he started Narvik. So that is most likely his next project.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Yeah, Bodø was a freeware project that was almost ready to be launched before Orbx picked him up. I'm not sure why the development of Narvik was prefered over Bodø, but from what I can remember from the screenshots from Bodø when the project had its own homesite, it will just as amazing as Narvik, only bigger. Orbx has really landed a true genius with Tore:-)

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

I read somewhere that he was already working on Bodo airport in Norway before he started Narvik. So that is most likely his next project.

If you watch the video in full it says that Bodo was a project he was working on before being contacted by ORBX. I do hope he finishes it, as Norway really is the PNW of Europe and IMO is really the best region to fly in here.

This guy has raised a new standard in what I want to see in airports

but take note that he worked at LEAST three years on this one, probably (a lot) more.

....but also take note that this project is innovation of new techniques (trial and error and testing = time-consuming).