Sign in to follow this  
FlyingEngineer

Landing/Taxilights do not illuminate Ground from 3d Cockpit

Hi,

I bought the 777 for P3d and noticed during a flight that all exterior Lights do not illuminate the ground beeing in the virtual cockpit. When changing to the exterior view all the lights do illuminate the ground. When I switch back to the virtual cockpit the landing and taxi lights disappear after a few seconds.

I'm using Prepar3d v3.3.5 and Windows 10 Pro x64. I loaded the 777 as it is described in the manual. Does anybody have the same issue. Is there a fix?

I hope someone can help me

Lukas Christl

FlyingEngineer

I am an enthusiastic flight simulator pilot from Germany with strong interests in aeronautics, materials science, engineering and programming. As I was just starting to learn English when I began virtual flying as a child, please excuse the poor English of my earlier posts (2015-2018) 🙂

FlightSim: MSFS2020 | JF BAe 146 Pro - PMDG 737-800 - Fenix A320

System Specs: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA - Intel Core i7 6700K OC  4,3 Ghz - ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC-Edition 11GB GDDR5X - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-2666 - Corsair Hydro Series H110i - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - CH Flight Sim Yoke - CH Pro Pedals

Is there a fix?

Where are you located when this is occurring? What time? Are you using an add-on airport at that location?

Kyle Rodgers

Time was set to dusk and season was set to summer. I started the flight at Taxi2gate EDDM and the destination airport was Aerosoft Mega Airport Frankfurt V2 (both fully updated). When I landed VAS was about 3500 MB. Might it be possible that P3D disables some features to save VAS?

FlyingEngineer

I am an enthusiastic flight simulator pilot from Germany with strong interests in aeronautics, materials science, engineering and programming. As I was just starting to learn English when I began virtual flying as a child, please excuse the poor English of my earlier posts (2015-2018) 🙂

System Specs: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA - Intel Core i7 6700K OC  4,3 Ghz - ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC-Edition 11GB GDDR5X - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-2666 - Corsair Hydro Series H110i - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - CH Flight Sim Yoke - CH Pro Pedals

Time was set to dusk and season was set to summer.

Dusk can be one of those odd times in the sim where certain night effects won't show up.

I started the flight at Taxi2gate EDDM and the destination airport was Aerosoft Mega Airport Frankfurt V2 (both fully updated).

Try at a default airport. Report back.

Might it be possible that P3D disables some features to save VAS?

Not actively. The program itself will run out of room, so it will cease to be able to load new textures/effects/etc in.

Kyle Rodgers

When I restart Prepar3D and load the two Addon Airports all the lights illuminate the ground correctly. So I did the same flight yesterday again and everything worked like a charm. The only thing I changed was that I set the time to night, loaded the flight and then set the time (with the time preview windows in P3D) to the time I wanted. Might be P3D issue?

FlyingEngineer

Might be P3D issue?

Yeah. Sounds like an issue from an earlier version of P3D. Wasn't aware it was still an issue in the current version.

Kyle Rodgers

Lukas, you said you had P3Dv3.3.5, but I am wondering if you updated by uninstalling client only and installing new client only?

This bug was pre-v3.2 I believe (memory being unreliable), and I am wondering if you updated the content?  If not, you might consider downloading the two files required to update content then uninstalling content before installing new content.  Keep a backup of your scenery, textures and terrain configuration files in case those are overwritten.  There were a few changes, such as the scaleform features, that were in the content.  Maybe unrelated, but I can't imagine why you are seeing this old bug.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,

I installed Prepar3D v3.3.5 on my fresh Windows 10 system. I had no other version installed before. Happily, I haven't had the problem again so far.

I'll do some other flights with the 777 and report the results.

FlyingEngineer