Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

Menus.Dll Error

Posted on the Prepar3d website as well. Seems developers there don't offer advise just users,

After 10 hour flight I go to shut the center fuel buttons off and the sim freezes after using the A button to get to the upper panel on the PMDG 777

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.3.5.17625, time stamp: 0x5758bb31
Faulting module name: menus.dll, version: 3.3.5.17625, time stamp: 0x5758ba46
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x00004c60
Faulting process id: 0x17ec
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1f371c38050c3
Faulting application path: C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Lockheed Martin\menus.dll
Report Id: 77ec80a0-3092-4506-a6d7-01809d5c6b5f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

Please do not spam AVSIM with your issues.  In regards to the menus.dll error, please see my comments at http://www.avsim.com/topic/493242-ctd-p3d-error/.

Exception Code: 0xC000041d = STATUS_FATAL_USER_CALLBACK_EXCEPTION so, what I think is you have a product running in P3D that is not compatible with P3D and you had to use EMT or you had to manually try to get the application installed and working.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Please do not spam AVSIM with your issues.  In regards to the menus.dll error, please see my comments at http://www.avsim.com/topic/493242-ctd-p3d-error/.

Exception Code: 0xC000041d = STATUS_FATAL_USER_CALLBACK_EXCEPTION so, what I think is you have a product running in P3D that is not compatible with P3D and you had to use EMT or you had to manually try to get the application installed and working.

Jim,

I looked over those xml.dll files and saw no dupe entries. What does EMT mean. The only prog that I uses is REX4 soft cloud and Navigraph and those were installed through the installer.

Not spamming just wanting to enjoy my nearly $1000 investment fully. Sadly the LM support is almost useless. What happened to the days when if you had a tech problem you got a response from the developer themselves. I remember Lou Betti of Dreamfleet very active in their forums answering inquires, hence the reason I am still in to flight-siming today.  

Randy

Also Jim. In my old machine which had far less performance I had none of theses issues come up.

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

Not spamming just wanting to enjoy my nearly $1000 investment fully. Sadly the LM support is almost useless. What happened to the days when if you had a tech problem you got a response from the developer themselves

Fully understand your investment.  Your comments/topics get seen by many as most of our members use the "Recently Discussed Forum Topics".  Not a big thing.  Just that many do not like to see the same topic posted in several forums.

The Menus.dll error is a new one to me but my searches indicate it happened back in the days of P3Dv1 and then LM released an update to fix the bug.  When individuals have issues which are rare, I have to look at why this is happening to just one or two individuals and not everyone who has the product installed.  So that's why I mentioned the EMT (Estonia Migration Tool).  Many people are porting their installations from FSX to P3D to save some dollars and P3D is a different animal from FSX.  It is mostly the same sim but with some bug fixes and updates which could not be made with FSX.

I wish I had the expertise to find a solution for your problem with the menus.dll error.  I hate doing it but I strongly suggest you search the P3D forums.  I found 19 forum pages of discussions regarding this error on LM - http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/search.php?keywords=menus.dll&fid%5B0%5D=6312.  The most recent discussions are in regards to the latest P3D version.  Perhaps you will see something there that will relate to your situation and they have a fix.  Again, not everyone is getting this crash and it has been rare when someone reported it here. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim.

I had downloaded the EMT but I do not believe I ever used it. It looked scary and the process was not clear to me.

I thought I uninstalled it. I will check after this long flight I am doing at present to see if havng the VC in wide screen aspect makes a difference. 

Randy