Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Will Pro-ATC X work with GA planes like Lancair Legacy?

I want to fly with ATC using Pro-ATC X, will it work with GA aircraft such as Carenado or Lancair Legacy?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

It will work as long as you fly the GA as if it is an airliner.  :wink: Imho ProATC is airliner-only and not suited for GA. It will of course work technically but the addon is written with airliners in mind.

It works great for IFR flying with any aircraft.  You can add any plane to the database.  For VFR, you cannot fly direct routes as far as I can tell.  You must have a departure transition.  And if you fly to a large airport, ATC will assign you a STAR.  Still, with the moving map feature of ProATC, it's really not a problem to follow the STAR to the runway.  I've gotten to where I really miss not having background ATC chatter, so I tend to use ProATC even for VFR flying if possible. 

Well, how is it in the real world when people fly GA aircrafts like Cessna 182's and stuff? They don't deal with ATC? Even at small airfields or GA airports? Does Pro ATC work at every airport in P3D, even very small ones?

I am using GTN 750, so it has IFR capabilities, I just want ATC to give me clearance, tell me where I need to go when possible, I'm not sure if this is realistic as I don't have much experience flying GA with ATC before.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Pro-ATC does not work with GA aircraft.  You'll have to use the default ATC program for GA aircraft.  Perhaps in the future.  Right now it's fighting perfection for handling airliners.  Everyone wants perfection and, when it is perfected, it still is not perfected to many and needs many more updates.  I would be shocked if it ever works with GA aircraft (other than Jeroen's suggestion).

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Pro-ATC does not work with GA aircraft.  You'll have to use the default ATC program for GA aircraft.  Perhaps in the future.  Right now it's fighting perfection for handling airliners.  Everyone wants perfection and, when it is perfected, it still is not perfected to many and needs many more updates.  I would be shocked if it ever works with GA aircraft (other than Jeroen's suggestion).

I  use PATC for flights with the A2A C 172., Cherokee, Aerosoft Beaver and Lionheart Kodiak Quest. As long as you have a flight plan, it works perfectly. The flight does have to be more than around 50 miles in length (not sure about the exact length but somewhere around that). 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Even small aircraft work with ATC

Some airports are uncontrolled though - you don't need to talk to ATC to get in and out

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I  use PATC for flights with the A2A C 172., Cherokee, Aerosoft Beaver and Lionheart Kodiak Quest. As long as you have a flight plan, it works perfectly. The flight does have to be more than around 50 miles in length (not sure about the exact length but somewhere around that).

Hi Bob, does the PROATC manual explain how to set up a flight plan for the A2A 172 182, as I recall you saying in another thread you have instal various bits of data pertinent to the plane.

(Would it not be a good idea in one of their yearly updates to have a system where lyou can -like Avliasoft EFB download the specific plane data from A2A, save it and then start you flight) rather than hunting for runway lengths or other bits of info?

Nathan Brennan

Hi Bob, does the PROATC manual explain how to set up a flight plan for the A2A 172 182, as I recall you saying in another thread you have instal various bits of data pertinent to the plane.

(Would it not be a good idea in one of their yearly updates to have a system where lyou can -like Avliasoft EFB download the specific plane data from A2A, save it and then start you flight) rather than hunting for runway lengths or other bits of info?

pro Atc will make a flight plan automatically if you select that option, or you can download one from many of the free flight plan sites and copy and paste it into PATC. The info that you need for the aircraft spec is easily obtained from many sources, just google the aircraft you have .. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Like that idea but then, shouldn't there be a method where one can send his configuration of, say, the A2A 172 or other aircraft and add it to the list of aircraft available. 

The info that you need for the aircraft spec is easily obtained from many sources, just google the aircraft you have ..

I've tried that and it doesn't work so I gave up spending hours trying to put all the data in for one of my many GA aircraft.  You make it sound so simple.  It is not and the program does not always accept the data you provide even though you have the specifications for an aircraft sitting in front of your eyes.  I think it is one reason why Mourad (the developer) decided not to showcase the GA. 

They are already having issues "perfecting" the program so we cannot be asking for them to jump into the GA arena right now. 

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I've tried that and it doesn't work so I gave up spending hours trying to put all the data in for one of my many GA aircraft.  You make it sound so simple.  It is not and the program does not always accept the data you provide even though you have the specifications for an aircraft sitting in front of your eyes.  I think it is one reason why Mourad (the developer) decided not to showcase the GA. 

They are already having issues "perfecting" the program so we cannot be asking for them to jump into the GA arena right now. 

Ji

I just pulled up PATC and went to my aircraft specs. This is an example of everything you have to enter which I found either in the aircrafts owners manual or putting C 172 specifications in Google. 

Keep in mind, this is just info that ATC would know about the aircraft you are flying. 

Max cruise altitude 10,000 Ft   ( I would never fly higher than that in real life without oxygen)   Climb rate   750 FPM      Rwy Length  takeoff 1500 ft  Runway length landing  1500 ft   V1 VR and V2  ( allo the same in a SEL aircraft    65 knots Crosswind allowed   15knots.  

To look this info up and add it to PATC, takes at most 2-3 minutes. No other info is needed. Google any aircraft you need to add another. I have added about 7 already, all GA aircraft. 

Thanks for the info.  I know you know it's easy but it is not.  I just do not have the time or the patience (plus I would rather blame ProATC for the bad data than blame myself for entering bad data....).

I'm a strong supporter of ProATC-X but not for GA flying.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Does the copilot work with any plane or only a few?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Does the copilot work with any plane or only a few?

I only use the copilot to control the radios, but, yes, that works with all planes.

I only use the copilot to control the radios, but, yes, that works with all planes.

& do the comms as a pnf would !

for now, cheers

john martin