Sign in to follow this  
Flyboy

USING TTools to edit UT2 .db or .dbi databases...

Evening folks...

Have been spending a better part of 2 weeks creating my own flight schedules for a favorite airline.

I am done and the result is over 1500 flights in the winter season including various aircraft and their versions, carriers and what not...

The issue is, that though I enjoy the ability to create a AI duplicate of real world schedules, I obviously am prone to typos and other errors....

Power Pack by UT2 offers this capability as well as TTools to download available online schedule databases.

Editing it though.... Is a nightmare... having to delete or edit each flight and its details one by one..... when a particular flight can be flown up to seven days a week but the departure time could vary.... the equipment as well.

Can TTools import the UT2 db & dbi databases as well?

I am trying to figure out how to do global spreadsheet type editing of these databases once having created them.

A tool for this purpose would be a great time saver as well used to create your own database that could be imported via ttools...

Hopefully someone out there is having the same problem I am and has the grey matter to offer a solution...

thanks in advance and Fly safe....

Flyboy53

Hi,

Along similar lines I have been looking to edit some custom schedules I created with UT2.

In looking at the files I see I have the .db files but no .dbi files.

It looks like Power Pack only reads .dbi files. Is this correct?

Is there anyway to read or convert the .db files so I can edit the schedules in Power Pack.

Been over to the UT2 forum but no answers there so posting here for any helpful info.

Thx

Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!