Sign in to follow this  
RobertC

populating x plane

Well folks im still trying to populate x plane, and im still alone out there, thought X plane would be more advanced then that.

x plane traffic programs are terrible compared to FSX.

!. I have tried to follow tips and tricks here in the forum  on how to get more aircraft.  but Conura's link is dead.  So I have no idea where to go.

2. Tried X-life and guess what, it does not recognize my airport ( kind ) in North America.  have no idea where to go from there. just this stupid box that opens and just sits there.

3. Tried World Traffic, and all the work involved to get it up , was to much work. put files here and put files there, and then assign keys, as if we don't have enough buttons.  and besides I don't need a flight planner nor Atc, just Planes and lots of them.

I have been trying to get X plane up and running for about two weeks, as for the planes there great works of art.  and the scenery is fantastic, but using X plane is a deal breaker if I cannot have a good traffic program or good ATC.  I thought after so many years of X plane being out, that they would have gotten better developers, or kept up with FSX.

Now that FSX is for all practical proposes a dead horse. and I know, because I have use them since almost fron the beginning to end. I have thousands invested in FSX, but like I said, old technology.

Right now Xplane is the king of the heap.  and I would advise you talented developers to start making your product more user friendly.  I want to just fly.

any help is welcome

Thanks for listening to and retired old guy .....................................RobertC.   

Welcome to the xplane. Perhaps the biggest issue with xplane right now is ATC and Traffic. That said maybe i can try to help you

first this is a map that shows all the X-life compatible airports. 

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1wHdOnHyVX5IORUOPYtAA_7MfME4

if the airport you are looking for is not there you can make it compatible but you need to do some work. here are the instructions

http://jardesign.org/forum/viewforum.php?id=33

here are instructions for world traffic 

I think with in the next 3-4 months the  AI in xplane will get alot of better due to features in 10.50. for now just enjoy flying the planes and dont forget alot of people love flying in pilotedge because of how realistic the ATC is.

you can also do worldtraffic 

For me the biggest issue is with weather. It needs better and more fps friendly weather representation. 

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

I have XPX and fsx and the immersion in xp is still just not there.

spacer.png