Sign in to follow this  
BadgerBtU

2 Questions pronunciation & Call sign

I just bought MCE after trying the demo and have tried to find this info in the many manuals to no evail.

1: When the FO says off it sounds like he is saying aww. Can I edit some file to fix this? I use Ivona voices

2: I fly the PMDG 777 300er my call sign for the plane is American 28 but MCE uses my planes registration number witch is AAL28 [alpha alpha lima 28] How do I get him to use American 28.

I just bought MCE after trying the demo and have tried to find this info in the many manuals to no evail.

1: When the FO says off it sounds like he is saying aww. Can I edit some file to fix this? I use Ivona voices

2: I fly the PMDG 777 300er my call sign for the plane is American 28 but MCE uses my planes registration number witch is AAL28 [alpha alpha lima 28] How do I get him to use American 28.

1 - I assume you have some reason for wnting to use TTS voices instead of the already available 9 human recorded co-pilot voices.

I'm not sure, but I believe you can adjust a few things like pronounciation under "voice properties" in IVONA panel.

2 - If you're referring to Native FSX or Prepar3D, MCE would typically read the current aircraft callsign. It varies from one aircraft to the other. You can change it as follows..

Click FSX menu Aircraft settings. When the dialog box appears, click <Details> button. You will get the option to select an airline and a flight number.

Once you close the dialog box, MCE should retrieve the new call sign and you can ask co-pilot. "what is our call-sign?" to find out if he's in synch.

I changed voice back to an mce voice and changed a the way I had the call sign setup for the aircraft and now when fo says the call sign he says American 28 and when he says off it sounds like off instead of aww. Thanks for the reply