Sign in to follow this  
Xiter

HGS with a VR headset

Hi captains, 

Anyone know if the HGS is working properly when used with a VR headset? 

Hans Hjorth 

Hans Hjorth

It is super awesome. The biggest thing that i noticed was I did not had to adjust my viewpoint ,which i would normally do, using a monitor.The HGS would not be perfectly aligned.With flyinside, the HGS just feels perfect in view. And with the downward eye movement you can even see your PFD and ND . It will blow you away.If you are in it for flying (and not for eye candy) VR is for you. If you want eye candy then you will have to wait another 3-4 years before the resolution catches up.But with the airliners,you can pretty much see the dials etc. You might need a little help here and there with the binocular mode of flyinside software. But just sitting in the cockpit , at the gate, will give you the height perception.I bet you would be screaming like a kid...