Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

Can one "turn off" Orbx global add-ons?

Maybe a future sim will offer a hotkey to allow one to enable or disable  scenery live without downtime.

Just open your Scenery Library from within FS, and "untick" the entries for whatever region you want to disable.  30 secs downtime.. :wink:

Bert

Bert I sell high availability Storage Area Networks with automatic failover, zero downtime. I can't help wanting it for the sim!

James McLees

Hi

There are also some files correcting elevation for the regions in World\Scenery.

I put them in a other directory (same priority than the original World directory) which I can disable when I want disable the regions.

I use SimStarter to do it.

Denis

So on another note. I have global installed. What I'm finding is on long haul flights over Canada to Europe at night the Vas is getting walloped.

I've narrowed it down to Canada though a process of elimination. I can fly 14 hour flights from every a to b apart from

Canada to Europe. it seems to be a part area of Canada in the Middle or East at night that's doing it. I'm somewhat at my wits end as Yvr to Lhr is my favourite flight and I just can't do it. Unless it's a memory leak in the 777

Bne to dxb fine

Dxb to mco fine

Lax to syd fine

Yvr to lhr impossible

Yyz to lhr only daytime or dusk deps

Yyc to lhr impossible

Even if I turn off global in the sceney settings (addon manager) it still drains lag on this part of the world. Has global overwritten some night textures or night lights and is that causing the issue??

I see in the control panel 2 it has options for lights, which one is going to be the best for vas???

Thanks as always

14ppkc-6.png

So on another note. I have global installed. What I'm finding is on long haul flights over Canada to Europe at night the Vas is getting walloped.

I've narrowed it down to Canada though a process of elimination. I can fly 14 hour flights from every a to b apart from

Canada to Europe. it seems to be a part area of Canada in the Middle or East at night that's doing it. I'm somewhat at my wits end as Yvr to Lhr is my favourite flight and I just can't do it. Unless it's a memory leak in the 777

Bne to dxb fine

Dxb to mco fine

Lax to syd fine

Yvr to lhr impossible

Yyz to lhr only daytime or dusk deps

Yyc to lhr impossible

Even if I turn off global in the sceney settings (addon manager) it still drains lag on this part of the world. Has global overwritten some night textures or night lights and is that causing the issue??

I see in the control panel 2 it has options for lights, which one is going to be the best for vas???

Thanks as always

It's the 777 that has issues with some of the STARs and transitions for LHR that are causing the crash. It's been mentioned in he 777 forums a few times recently as well as some work arounds until it gets patched.

It happened to me a bunch of times and them I found those posts. I thought it was UK2000 LHR causing the issue but it was the 777 FMC when selecting a certain STAR and transition.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Jim.

I dont think it is as I can do yyz to lhr in the day with no issues but at night I get thumped with vas.

I found on the orbx control panel the two options

Turn vector lights on/off

And use orbx legacy lights... On / off... day / night mode. Can someone explain what these settings do. Thanks

14ppkc-6.png

Scenery configurator is your friend....

One thing.....when installing an Orbx product once you have it set up make sure you copy the Scenery.cfg before you install it.Then replace the copy with the original once the Orbx product is installed and then add the Orbx entry manually.

If not Orbx will wipe out all your groups and you have to start again...and sometimes,like me that is an awfull lot of entries.

Dave