Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

Time To Start Over Again

So I am 7 hours in to a 12 hour flight with the PMDG 777. My VAS is at 2278 or 57%
I am thinking my system does not have OOM issues. I started out with 2264 and 55%

Going to purchase an external HD and copy my files then spend another 20 hours trying to get this $1000 investment working as consistent as my older $600 machine. 

I am thinking about reinstalling Windows 10 . Basically starting all over again, perhaps rolling back to Win7 . Tired of dll crashes and unexplained CTDS.

What are your thoughts?

Randy

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

My thoughts are: what exactly is the problem? You start by saying VAS is okay and then... what? I also have no clue what 'this investment' is. And why the new HDD...? Confusing post.

My thoughts are: what exactly is the problem? You start by saying VAS is okay and then... what? I also have no clue what 'this investment' is. And why the new HDD...? Confusing post.

The external HD is to copy all of my FS downloads to so that I can wipe my HDD clean and start all over.

The investment is in my PC machine,

Randy

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

Still don't get the purpose of this topic... ;)

So I am 7 hours in to a 12 hour flight with the PMDG 777. My VAS is at 2278 or 57%

I am thinking my system does not have OOM issues. I started out with 2264 and 55%

Going to purchase an external HD and copy my files then spend another 20 hours trying to get this $1000 investment working as consistent as my older $600 machine. 

I am thinking about reinstalling Windows 10 . Basically starting all over again, perhaps rolling back to Win7 . Tired of dll crashes and unexplained CTDS.

What are your thoughts?

Randy

Sorry to hear your pain Randy - but (as per Jeroen's question), what exactly is the problem?  Your VAS is good, you are 7 into a 12 shift (of your own choosing), and you DO know about the AutoCruise function in the T7 I assume?  Buy a new SSD and it will probably take you twenty minutes - not twenty hours - to move stuff. Save your flight... go and have a good nights' sleep bro and tomorrow is another day.

go and have a good nights' sleep bro and tomorrow is another day.

Classic lol

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Classic lol

.... when all else fails! :blink:

I'd spend the money on a couple of bottles of good single-malt and not worry about it.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.