Sign in to follow this  
Nygaerd

ORBX ENNK Narvik - Where is the sloped runway?

Back in April 2013 when the Narvik developer introduced his ENNK project, he detailed a sloped runway:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/sloped-runway.425635/

NSFCyOo.jpg

yU7pLyC.png

In 2014 even John Venema, the ORBX CEO, commented on this project's sloped runway.

eGRVYRW.png

Various screenshots followed detailing the development with the airport's sloped runway.

wyh9w6F.jpg

7t2beTR.jpg

I haven't seen any recent screenshots here either before or after yesterday's release of Narvik showing any sloped runway.

Did the Narvik sloped runway get cancelled or is this an option that nobody has turned on in their ENNK control panel?

I ask as I was really looking forward to a bit more realism than the standard, boring and unrealistic flat runways that sceneries usually seem to have.

In the orbx forum it was answered that they decided to go with a flat runway.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Wow so for the last 3 years Orbx have been teasing us with various messages and screenshots detailing a sloped runway and then when Narvik finally gets released after many years of us all eagerly waiting, then there is NO SLOPED RUNWAY!!!

I am so very disappointed, what a joke that they advertised something they finally didn't deliver!

• Upvote 1

Wow so for the last 3 years Orbx have been teasing us with various messages and screenshots detailing a sloped runway and then when Narvik finally gets released after many years of us all eagerly waiting, then there is NO SLOPED RUNWAY!!!

I am so very disappointed, what a joke that they advertised something they finally didn't deliver!

You seriously can't be taking this so badly. What's the big issue?

The scenery package is amazing with or without a sloped runway. I guess you just get to miss out.

Jason

• Upvote 3

NO SLOPED RUNWAY!!!

if  you want  a slope  rwy than get  the orbx  tapini   addon  plenty of  slpoe  rwys  to choose  from

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

You seriously can't be taking this so badly. What's the big issue?

It was a promised feature that for me was a major selling point of the Narvik scenery package.

I fly in the real-world and flat runways don't exist, every runway has its own unique bumps and curves, some more, some less.

I find it hugely disappointing that such realistic scenery is paired with such an unrealistically flat runway, it kills the immersion factor for me.

I can only hope that they will make good on their initial promise and deliver this in a future patch.

• Upvote 1