Sign in to follow this  
JiBrady

Megasceneryearth Colorado V3

If I need support for a megascenery product, I just click on the e-mail link for megascenery which is support@megasceneryearth.com.  This is the photoscenery forum so I would suspect you should be sending any request for support or question to the megasceneryearth email address and NOT to PC Aviator.

For the PC Aviator store (which is separate from the MegaSceneryEarth Store) I have had no need to contact.  I cannot envision a need to contact the PC Aviator Store.  If I purchased a product and need to download again or find my serial number, I just sign in and look up my order details.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have been receiving the emails about the new version MSE products and each has had a discount code in it.

I agree with the sentiments in many of the above posts.

I decided months ago to stop dealing with the PC Aviator US store, persuaded by the unsatisfactory history I had in trying to communicate (in the sense of getting a response) with them and also because of multiple expired discount codes they provided to me. The discount codes were given to me (as a form of "thank you") after making purchases of various products. The codes I got from the first two purchases worked fine but subsequent purchases resulted in me being given some discount codes which had expired even before they were emailed to me by PC Aviator US. Emails to them pointing this out brought no response. It might have been different if the US store had a monopoly on flight sim products but I figured why should I put up with the problems of dealing with them when there are plenty of other flight sim retailers available and where part of the reason for my historical dealings had been based on sentiment (as the owner of the US store had originally started up his business in my home town here in Australia before he moved to the US).

I thought a purpose of being in business is to make money by retaining existing customers and attracting new ones. I can't understand a business approach which appears to risk deterring new customers and burning-off existing ones.

By contrast, the Australian store of PC Aviator is, in my opinion, greatly different in customer service, particularly in communication and response time, obviously due to its manager, Dean. For those out of Australia, there is the bonus of currency exchange rates running against the Australian dollar.

Gary

*ALL* the codes they ever sent me have always worked flawlessly, assuming of course one uses them before they expire...

Communication though, yes,is terrible.

Only proves they pick and choose who they reply to. They still have my emails blocked or are just ignoring them altogether. Great business practice.

If I need support for a megascenery product, I just click on the e-mail link for megascenery which is support@megasceneryearth.com.  This is the photoscenery forum so I would suspect you should be sending any request for support or question to the megasceneryearth email address and NOT to PC Aviator.

For the PC Aviator store (which is separate from the MegaSceneryEarth Store) I have had no need to contact.  I cannot envision a need to contact the PC Aviator Store.  If I purchased a product and need to download again or find my serial number, I just sign in and look up my order details.

Best regards,

Jim

That's actually what I have been doing is going directly through the contact form on the Megascenery web site, not any other source.  They just simply choose not to respond.  And before someone says "maybe your email got lost", I COULD buy that ... for one email.  Emailed them 2 months ago ... no response.  Tried again last month.  No reply.  Twice in the past week.  I will not get replies to those either, I guarantee it.  They have NO problem sending me a bunch of adverts about their products, but they have conveniently kept me off any list for prior owner discounts.  I do take that kind of personally.

I really want photo scenery for the rest of the US, but now I am starting to really regret even buying the western half of the US like I did.  Sucks, too, because this Colorado V3 look AWESOME, but why give money to them if they seriously have an issue with me to the point of ignoring me?  I haven't even said anything rude to them.  just keep asking, "Hey, I am a prior owner, is there a way I can get my discount codes?" 

I was actually hoping this would be a common issue, but since most guys are getting literally spammed with discount codes and replies, the only way I can take that is somehow they have a beef personally with a few of their customers.  So yeah, now as of this post I have gone from annoyed to a little bit ticked.

For most folks all of this isn't an issue. For the few, not so good.

At some point next generation photoscenery is going to hit and I think we'll be amazed. When, where and at what cost I do not know.

Cheers,

Mark

I just hope someone out there nails it and provides some competition.  Bluesky is cool, but they cover a fraction of the area I already have MS for ... that and I can never seem to get higher than dial-up speeds from their servers.  BUT they reply often to those who need help and the product is on an amazing scale for freeware.

Just imagine if someone nailed the USA with the quality that VFR Gen X accomplished ... now THAT I would pay ANY price for.   Er ... I better not say that too loudly.  ;)

Also edited my post above.  Before it seemed like I was trying to say they were singling me out personally, when what i was trying to emphasize is that not all MS customers are being treated equally as customers, and you apparently have to somehow be in their good graces or something to get service.

By the way ... the method I am using to contact them is the only official method available directly on the Megascenery web site:  http://www.megasceneryearth.com/store/cart.php?target=help&mode=contactus  I thought about trying the email mentioned above, but that's not on their site and I don;t want to irk them even further by using a contact method not authorized for me.

"I just hope someone out there nails it and provides some competition."

Perhaps they are... patience. :wink:

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Am very excited for the scenery Clutch!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Received the announcement from Ferraro of a free update to version V3 Colorado, but since I bought the flash drive for the original V3 I wanted to find out if I needed a new flash drive for the update, or simply redownload again with what I have.  Does anyone know the answer to this?

Related, I've tried emailing their support but got no response.  I've also tried to call several times but got no one to answer.

I wonder if their business is hanging by a thread.....?

Clutch, you are up to something :) Love those images you posted back in April. I am in the situation that I would love to get the latest MegasceneryEarth California scenery but without autogen it just really doesnt do it for me! If you are developing south west US photoscenery with autogen like I think you are doing ;) please have it blend well with the payware airports out there and the photoscenery that surround their airports. I am thinking the new L35 Big Bear airport by Turbulen Designs (that themself cover a rather large 1400 square km surounding the airport), LatinWings KSNA and KSAN and Orbx Agua Dulce, Palm Springs (and upcoming Santa Barbara) as well as Sim720 Palomar and Catalina.

Takes away from the imersion seeing those color mismatch between the photoscenery of the state you fly and the photoscenery from the payware airport you fly into and they have a completly different color. Happends so many times in other areas I fly.

Best of luck with your project. Hope to see more images soon. I see your website has not been updated in a while, perhaps that will change soon :)

Mike

Even more competition for Megascenery from none other than Chris Bell in the form of Virtual Earth, a new concept with photoscenery and nicely placed autogen as well as many other goodies. This looks awesome!

Mike 

Thx for the compliments, Mike,

Yes we hope (Ooops, I mean the secret developer :wink: ), hopes they will be able to blend with 3rd party airports.  That is one of the goals.  However, keep in mind that each developer uses their own color pallet when creating their ground scenery so it will never match up to all airports.  We think with addition of vegetation, autogen and library objects will help to disguise/cover any distinct lines where current "flat" photoscenery offerings make it more prevelant.

Ahhhhh... only time will tell.

Can't believe someone actually found my website, ha!  Definitely in need of an update.

Clutch

P.S. oh yes, I hear Cali is on the list. (along with 49 other states!)

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Clutch, perhaps a little announcement of sort would be an idea? :) Your project looks amazing as I said before but competition is around the corner and Virtual Earth project does indeed look very nice as well. I spoke to Chris about their project and its in full speed development.

Also had a chat with Turbulent Design regarding their beautiful Big Bear Airport and they are looking in to offering color variations to their airport much like 29 Palms did for the 29 Palms airport for people using other scenery than Orbx.

Anyway, hope to hear more about your SOCAL? :) Project soon

mike 

I just bought AZ V3 Dowloading it

But I am curious..what is the difference  between X4 vs V3? Is V3 an improvement over the previous X4 Hi Rez sceneries?

What is the resolution of V3?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

What is the resolution of V3?

1.19 meters.

.what is the difference between X4 vs V3? Is V3 an improvement over the previous X4 Hi Rez sceneries?

It is the latest 2015 aerial imagery.  See the following link for more info - http://www.megasceneryearth.com/news/News-2016-07-23.htm

Ultra Hi Res sceneries are still the same but they usually cover just a small area and a different product.  4X means 4 times resolution over v2 - http://www.megasceneryearth.com/news/News-2015-09-19.htm.  It replaces Ultra Hi Res according to the link.

Fairly complicated and, if you try to understand the differences, you'll get even more confused as they make more and more different products.  The thing about v3 is that it does look clearer and a lot better than v2 but wish they would have simply upgraded Arizona to the best resolution (like when Orbx goes from V1 to V2, etc., there is no charge.  Just an update).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10