Sign in to follow this  
JeffEvans

Near meltdown of FSX. Need assistance

I would take FSX down to bare minimums.  All 3 Discs installed and test several flights.  If all works as advertised,

then start installing your aircraft one at a time and test.  After the aircraft, then each of the other addons, one at a time

to make sure they work.  Make sure you have Simconnect, FSUIPC, or whatever those addons need,

installed.  I would not uninstall FSX or Acceleration.  Just get it down to that and test all functions.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Will do later this evening.  I'll let you know what happens.  Thanks again.

J

Dumb question but... when I insert the FSX disk the only options are "repair" or "uninstall".  How  do I get down to basics in FSX but not uninstall it?

J

How about "system restore" to the point before you installed AS16?

Richie Walsh

Waited too long and now all my restore points are after I did the install.

J

have  you checked your  ddl.xml  hasn't  been  corrupted 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Jeff, you can uninstall using the Control Panel - Uninstall Feature. Do check online for an uninstall guide, FSX hides bits of itself that needed clearing out. App-Data Roaming is one of those. 

Once FSX is installed and works, do what I do, copy the entire folder onto your hardrive (I call mine Mirroe FSX) so I have access to lovely uncorrupted files. 

Dumb question but... when I insert the FSX disk the only options are "repair" or "uninstall".  How  do I get down to basics in FSX but not uninstall it?

J

Just remove your addon stuff.  Payware aircraft, weather programs, and/or scenery.  Once that is done you will

have a basic FSX install with Acceleration.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Decided to do a complete uninstall/reinstall of everything FS.  Needed to be done for a long time (years).  Then... one of my fans went out and my chipset started to overheat and I just got back online a few minutes ago.  When it rains it pours!

It will probably be several  days before I can give you any updates.

I really do appreciate all the help from all of you!  Simmers are the most helpful community online.

Best,

Jeff

Jeff I was following this thread from the sidelines and it's only now that something has struck me. You say you have FSUIPC installed. Did you try deleting your fsuipc.ini file, load FSX and let a new one rebuild? I'm on P3D myself, but I remember something similar happening to me where my P3D install got corrupted (different synthoms to do though) and deleting the ini file fixed it.

Although maybe you've already started the uninstall procedure and I'm too late to the party.

You never know. Luck of the Irish and all that. It might fix it :)

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Actually I'm in the midst of reinstalling everything.  That will include a new FSUIPC.

Thanks,

J

Did you remove all 5 FSX Folder's

► Computer ► Your FSX Location  

► Libraries ► Documents ►Flight Simulator X Files 

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Microsoft ► FSX 

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ► Microsoft ► FSX 

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Local ► Microsoft ► FSX 

Hey there's two of those folders I didn't know about, Poppet. I thought there was just AppData Roaming MS FSX...