Sign in to follow this  
palb

WINDOWS 10 & FLTSIM 9

I have windows 10 installed and also was able to finally install fltsim 9, however, I noticed none of my 3rd party addons work even though I have FSUIPC installed...is anyone else having this issue and is there a fix?

Thanks, Patrick

Do you mean addon sceneries or addons such as flight planners and aircraft - or both?  If sceneries then check that the library in the sim is pointing to where the addons are installed.

Dijvid

Thanks for the response Dijvid, no I mean like AI separation, AI taxi speed, Edit Voice pack etc., which I thing all interface through FSUIPC

Thanks for the response Dijvid, no I mean like AI separation, AI taxi speed, Edit Voice pack etc., which I thing all interface through FSUIPC

I'm sorry I can't help you with this stuff as I don't use them.  As it would appear that FSUIPC is a common factor here I assume that you have a registered copy assuming, of course, that the free version isn't suitable.  Also, have you considered posting on the FSUIPC forum?

Dijvid

Ok thanks Guys...Yes and I am seriously thinking of going back to Windows 7

Dijvid, I will check out the FSUIPC forum thanks for the suggestion

You are finding what I found. Win 10 is garbage imo unless you run addons that start and end inside of FS itself. Use addons that need to connect and talk with FS or talk with each other Win 10 doesn't want any part of it. I went straight back to Win 7 because I run many other games and came across many other problems. You may be able to find a fix for the FS Win 10 issues you are having, I never really tried. Wasn't prepared to spend the next 12 months to 'maybe' get most things working again.

• Upvote 1

Mark Daniels

I've just updated my Windows 10 with the Anniversary update.

All, as before, working perfectly, including all my add-ons. I have a registered version of FSUIPC & 2x versions of Fs2004, in their default directory & 1x in the C:\ directory.

No issues at all. I went from Windows 7 to 10 about a year ago.

Cheers,

Robin.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I think we have to accept that Windows 10, as far as FS9 is concerned, is a bit of a lottery.  For many simmers there will be no, or a best a few easily solved, problems whilst others will tear their hair out in frustration.  Personally, I think that Windows 10 falls into the category of "one size doesn't fit all" which is why I stay with Windows 7.

Dijvid

This sounds like the registry entry for FS 2004 is missing in your Windows 10 registry, or it is pointing to a wrong directory. Try the Flight1 registry repair tool: http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library and report back. 

Edit: EditVoicepack is not using anything from FSUIPC, as it edits the simulators own voice file.