Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Atmosphere Scattering Effect

Curious to know more about this setting. I have had Terrain Haze checked with effect power of 3.52 and I also had checked "effect power depends on seasons". I see the alternate version as well. I just did a flight tonight with that in use instead of the aforementioned one. I had the effect power set to 3.61 and distance factor set to 0.00000000090. For the whole flight (while at FL350) I had a haze layer below me. I could see the ground mind you and it did look pretty realistic. However it did not change for the whole flight. From San Francisco to Atlanta it was the same the whole way. I am using AS16 with ASCA set in dynamic mode. On P3D v3.3.5. 

So I'm wondering which one is best to use, the standard Terrain haze or the alternate version? I would think the first one would be more along the lines of automatic, dynamic mode whilst the alternate one would be a hard set? Any advice would be welcome.

Eric 

So I'm wondering which one is best to use, the standard Terrain haze or the alternate version? I would think the first one would be more along the lines of automatic, dynamic mode whilst the alternate one would be a hard set? Any advice would be welcome.

I prefer main version of this tweak for VFR flights, alternate - to IFR flights (high altitude). Now I'm trying to make one universal haze tweak for next release of PTA.

Both versions of haze tweak depends on sky textures. So if you use ASCA with full dynamics or global automatic themes, haze may vary with injected textures.

I prefer main version of this tweak for VFR flights, alternate - to IFR flights (high altitude). Now I'm trying to make one universal haze tweak for next release of PTA.Both versions of haze tweak depends on sky textures. So if you use ASCA with full dynamics or global automatic themes, haze may vary with injected textures.

Yuri, a universal one sounds nice, I would like to see it affected by seasons. In the winter months you don't see hardly any terrain haze. What settings are you using with the alternate as far as your power and distance setting? With my above settings it seemed too much haze. I was using the new hot fix 3 that HiFi just released yesterday for AS16 and ASCA.

Eric 

Yuri, a universal one sounds nice, I would like to see it affected by seasons. In the winter months you don't see hardly any terrain haze. What settings are you using with the alternate as far as your power and distance setting? With my above settings it seemed too much haze. I was using the new hot fix 3 that HiFi just released yesterday for AS16 and ASCA.

Eric, now only main haze tweak depends on seasons, if checkbox is checked. Current values for seasons are summer=100% of effect power, fall=40%, winter=0%, (scattering is off actually), spring=75%. New universal tweak (I hope) also will depends on seasons with the same proportions.

Personally I prefer main variant of tweak with AS2016 + custom sky textures (not ASCA). In alternate version i'd like to use power=2.0-2.5 and distance factor =0.00000000035.

Excellent information in that post Yuri. Thank you much!

Eric 

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.