Sign in to follow this  
timers15

Just a "plug" for an old standby 747 - Ready For Pushback RFP

Hello,Just a sim pilot here with a plug for my new (old in the hanger) favorite addon - the RFP 747! I had it for a long time but did not take it out UNTIL I got the PMDG 747. Just my opinion here but I prefer the RFP bird a lot more - right now. I have about everything I need to learn to fly the RFP which is a heck of a lot more than I have for the PMDG (a really fine addon still). I have fuel and load tools, training videos, tutorials and some really good manuals that are a lot for me to digest. The RFP "steam gauges" all work with my GOFLIGHT setup so I can really get into this thing deeply. The FPS seem a lot better so my textures and scenery seem like a great investment now and my addon weather program and chart displays run better on my FS9 computer as well as on my network systems.Anyway, just a plug for the RFP bird - I'm still hot on the PMDG when tutorials and patches get here.Happy sim flying,Ron SagelNEAR KCHS

Guest jgreth123

I used to fly the RFP 747.It's a great bird, but it's horrid in the Virtual Cockpit.Since I fly ONLY from VC now, I can't fly it :(The gauges are very very VERY choppy, almost unfliable on an IFR approach.The CIVA INS isn't in the Virtual Cockpit.Those two things ( mainly the first ) prevent me from flying it.Other than those 2 things, it's an unbelievable bird. Modelled FRATS perfectly. Autopilot behaves like the real thing. Just nicely done.I just don't use 2-D panels anymore :(I had over 700 hours in it, 200 from GlobeCargo, and 500 in American Virtual Airlines ( flew as partner flights ).

I agree, the RFP is the only 747 I use.Nothing fancy, just a great deal of functionality made to work instead of just look pretty.And what appeals to me, no fashionable plastic screens and computers to run things, but a few hundred buttons, switches, dials, and gauges to keep me occupied :)

Guest jgreth123

>how can you use the VC only? you must have a strong pc. >What are your specs?>>AMD 64-bit 3500+ CPU1GB of OCZ Platinum memory (2.0 CL)eVGA 256MB GeForce 6800 Ultra300GB S-ATA Seagate BarracudaNothing fancy. I lock my rig at 20 FPS and almost never go below the 20. I have my sim tweaked out pretty good. I have: - world-wide mesh coverage from FSGenesis (20.4G of downloads) - all FlyTampa airports - Misty Fjords - Vancouver 200X Beta (You'll love this one when t's released!) - FlightScenery's FlightZone01 - Rhode Island ( just ... wow ) - every Georender scenery available - more stuff than I care to list :(I have about every good payware plane released thus far, at least imho ;)I fly mainly: - Airliners . PMDG 747-400 . Level-D Simulations 767-300 . PMDG 737-600/700/800/900 - General Aviation . RealAir Simulations SF.260 . Dreamfleet Baron 58 . Dreamfleet Bonanza A36 . Carenado Cessna 182 Skylane II RG . Flight1 Cessna 172R . Flight1 Cessna 152 . Bill Lyon's Piper J-3 Cub Classic . Bill Lyon's Quad City Challenger (ultralight) . Bill Lyon's Travel Air Classic . Aerosoft's DH2 Beaver (only plane of theirs that I really think is modelled correctly)I run the latest Active Sky every time I fly, I like having the real weather. ( Clouds are all DTX3 )I have tons of other payware scenery/utilities/planes that aren't listed, but what I listed is what I fly on a day-to-day basis, I don't fly ALL of them every day, but I fly them all probably within a week's time.I mainly do Airliner flying for Virtual Continental Airlines, but I beta test some sceneries and own a few others that are amazing, so I fly a lot of General Aviation.

Guest jgreth123

Oh, and forgot to mention I fly with a Saitek X52 joystick/throttle, CH Pro rudder pedals, and TrackIR 3 Pro + Vector expansion.The only reason I haven't gotten a yoke yet is due to a lot of helicopter flying I've done.I haven't flown helicopters for awhile, so I'm going to get a CH Yoke and the CH Throttle Quadrant in the next month or two, can't wait for that :)Since I use TrackIR and love it to death, I never fly using 2D cockpits anymore, which limits me to the planes I listed above.. I'm very picky on how smooth the gauges have to be, and how readable the gauges have to be.I have a lot of fun ;)

Guest jgreth123

>RFP is not very good in the VC, but I don't think such a>plane can be flown very well from the VC anyway.>It's one of the best aircraft ever.>http://online.vatsimindicators.net/825051/142.pngWhy would you say that?I can fly all of the previously mentioned planed from the VC.I use the keypad shortcut to the INS. Radio switches / knobs are the same.The only difference is the fuel panel which takes a third person in the real cockpit.If you have Active Camera + TrackIR you can move the base view around and do the TrackIR stuff from there, so snap it over to the pre-set Second Officer position and use TrackIR to do fuel management, then back to the Captain's spot.

My Pimgee 747 is still spanking new in my hangar with 0 flying hours!My RFPv2 on the otherhand has just come in for her 500hr service ..been revamped and about to set off again to Newark! :-hahShe just doesn't want to give the Pimgee a lookin! :-lol

regardsEd

http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/131222.jpgAMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1024Mb PC3200 DDR, 300Gb HD 128Mb DDR Nvidia 6600GT PCI Express, Audigy 2 ZSCH Products Yoke, Pedals and Throttle Quadrant

Guest ogeva

Jumping from the captain seat to the F/E seat in the 2D panel is intuitive and doesn't even interfere with your work flow or cause much more workload than other aircraft.Doing the same in the VC would be a pain.Anyway, I don't really like to fly heavies from the VC. Somehow it doesn't feel right. VC shines for GA aircraft (in my opinion). I don't fly the LDS, PMDG or other heavies from the VC (though I sometimes enjoy taking screenshots from the VC).http://online.vatsimindicators.net/825051/142.png

I think it's very telling when I installed FS on my new machine I first installed PMDG 744 and then the RFP747!!!Oh, and the new machine: gotta brag, :)AMD 64 FX 552 GB memory7800 GT 256 SLI