Sign in to follow this  
Davit Abesalashvili

freezing during cruise

Hello again(this is my second post today). I was cruising at FL370 from EDDF to OMDB everything was fine during taxi, take off, climb and part of cruise. I was flying for more than 3 hours nearly 4 and during cruise I was watchin film and time to time I checked sim and everything was fine(no freezing). After that (film was over a long ago) I noticed that screen froze and after some time continued. It continued and I count freezing and "working" time. Sim froze for 15 second every 6 seconds. I remember that I had problem with majestic dash 8 and FSUIPC auto save so I thought it was problem and decided to turn it off but FSUIPC wasn't running it wasn't in addon menu. Something in mind?

Something in mind?

Is the Modules Folder and FSUIPC files anyplace on your computer?

First and last names are required on all posts in PMDG Forums - http://www.avsim.com/topic/458101-guidelines-for-participation-in-the-pmdg-forum-please-read/. Set it up so that is done automatically. Click on your user name in upper right corner of this page, click on My Profile, click on Edit My Profile, click on Signature, in Edit Signature enter your first and last name, click save and your name will be on all of your posts.

You installed the latest version of FSUIPC yesterday. Is that correct? The FSUIPC files are in the Modules Folder which is in the FSX Folder. If the Modules Folder is not in the FSX Folder, where is it located on your computer?

You need to follow the advice about how to sign your name.

When your first and last name appears on your posts, I will reply.

• Upvote 1

I'm fling now and have same issue. I checked 1 hour ago(4 hours later from taking off) and it was OK but now I'm less then 160 nm from TOD and FSUIPC disappeared and freezing started.

Edited by Davit Abesalashvili

Before your next flight cut/paste the FSUIPC.ini file to your desktop. FSX will build a new FSUIPC.ini file when it is started. See if this makes any difference.

Is this only happening with the T7 or all of your aircraft?

I don't know if this two case are related but during cruise after same time I had problem with blackbox A330 throttle. Throttle went up to MAN TOGA and I couldn't return it to normal state. Then I didn't checked FSUIPC but seems reason is it.

Let me know how the flight with the rebuilt FSUIPC.ini file turns out.

See page 39-40 of the 777 Introduction Manual concerning the use of FSUIPC with the T-7 in particular the section under paragraph 4.

Ok I'll test it tommorow and let you know if it help. By the way I found quick temporary solution, if it help others. I opened RAAS proffesional menu, made some changes saved and FSUIPC appeared again. But it was temporary, freezing appeared again after some time, did same thing and FSUIPC appeared again, then after some time I started descend and there was no more problems. I don't know why or how RAAS helped but it did "it's job" :) .

At the link that follows you will find my complete Auto Save section of the ini. file. I use autosave for all flights and have never had a pause. You can copy this and use parts or all of it. Let me know when you have copied it so I can delete it from the link. https://www.dropbox.com/s/yayebla59sjyg10/CompleteAutoSave.txt?dl=0.