Sign in to follow this  
delta november

Tom Gibson

Tom; I believe your post in the "Developers in bed with MS" thread has filled me with the most dismay about the future of this hobby as any I have read in a long time. You! As a mentor, and always helpfull, contributor to our shared passion..well, when YOU offer such a bleak assesment of the future of the freeware community I get a really bad feeling. Now I don't entirely agree with you, as I have followed with great intrest the Blogs of the MSFS Dev team. It appears to me that they are very engaged with all aspects ...freeware as well as payware. As a matter of fact I posted a comment on Pixlepokes blog and tdragger picked up on it as follows; "Nonetheless I was reading the comments to his post and came across one from somebody singing the praises of the Connie (Lockheed Constellation) because of the engine sounds. Right on! Incidentally we now have a full time audio director working in the group. Hmmm.." That would have been me making the praises. Now let me say that everything about the FSDZigns LO49A is just GREAT but, the sound file was... to me the finishing touch. PLEASE... don't get discouraged as your efforts as well as those of your cohorts are very much appreciated. The aircraft and airmen of the "Golden Age" of aviation should never be forgotten. And should continue to have such advocates as you, Wayne Tudor, FS Aviator, and too many more to mention here. To any of you who have not taken the opportunity to visit Tom's Site, Berlin Airlift, FSDZigns, Bluegrass Airlines and others; you should do so at your first chance as it will enhance your FS experience immeasureably. These folks can tell you more about prop driven aircraft in an evening than you could find out in five years elesewhere. As an example; In Toms forum not long ago someone made the comment that he thought the F4U Corsair had unrealistic Torgue roll tendencies on takeoff. Well a gent answered that as an ex Corsair Pilot with OVER 500 Carrier To's and Landings he found the Sim Aircraft to be a little TAME, as he put it. You just can't get that kind of feedbackelesewhere. I've been blessed to fly in a good number of the old prop aircraft, but the men who have flown them and flown in them are rapidly dwindling as evidenced by the post in Century Of Flight about the last crewmember of the "Memphis Belle" passing. I've read numerous posts where fellas said they were getting bored with FS. Well if you want a sure cure for the boredom try to fly the Connie or DC6 or other propliner "By the Book" and Tom, FS Aviator, and some of the guys who flew them "On the Line" will give youTHE BOOK. Tom and Crew..FSDZigns..Kris..Wayne..Eric..Mark...Keep at it, it's too important to let slide. Beana 51 get on over there...you'll love it. Greetings from K.C.:-wave Denny My Doctor told me I had a Drinking problem. Dam fool I've nver spilled a DROP!:-badteeth

Yes, I have quite a few saved flights with the Connie sitting still and dark, just waiting for a Ctrl-E startup from a spot view. :) It just doesn't get any better for those who love old prop airliners, and the nostalgia of it all!L.Adamson

Guest bobsk8

>Yes, I have quite a few saved flights with the Connie sitting>still and dark, just waiting for a Ctrl-E startup from a spot>view. :) It just doesn't get any better for those who love old>prop airliners, and the nostalgia of it all!>>L.AdamsonYes it does get better, try starting the plane as you would a real one. Now that's better :)

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Excellent point, Denny, and the Connie is one of the most beautiful birds in my hangar. Indeed, pulling off the asphalt in the Constellation after flying jets and GA's is one heckuva experience. I love it! In fact, I may just fire it up this evening, got some nice 20MPH wind gusts going on here so definately time for real world weather. There are many classic aircraft in my hangar, and I try to fly them all! And if you want a cure to boredom, take a DC-3 through the grand canyon instead of over it!-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying! North Carolina's worst air disaster occurred when a small two-seater Cessna 150 plane,piloted by two Duke students, crashed into a cemetery earlier today.Search and rescue workers have recovered 300 bodies so farand expect the number to climb as digging continues into the evening.The pilot and copilot survived and are helping in the recovery efforts. :-lol

>>Yes it does get better, try starting the plane as you would a>real one. Now that's better :)>Years ago, I decided that if I'm not flying the "real" plane, then I usually would not bother with all the simulated proceedures within the simulation. Nothing has changed! :D And for this same reason, I would really like a simulated, and complete Garmin 1000 glass system with the new touch pad setup, as I mentioned in the previous thread related to this subject. That........... I could and will use in "real life".L.Adamson

Jeremy; If you want a cure for boredom take the "Connie" to Vichy...KVIH to those of you not from MO:D Rwy 30 with about 50 percent fuel and try to clear the trees at the end of the runway.:-lol Let me know how you do.....Oh and no wind}( Denny I only drink occasionally,You name the Occasion and I'll Drink