Sign in to follow this  
Jetairfly737

Cdu_device pro mobile

Hello,

I have purchased cdu_devoce pro mobile. I want to install the cdu server 1.4, it says to add the following text to 737ngx_options.ini:

[sDK]

EnableDataBroadcast=1

EnableCDUBroadcast.0=1

Q1) Is it save to save it in there?

Q2) How to I save it? (Constantly acces denied!!!)

Thank you very much,

Jetairfly737.

Perhaps you have P3D or FSX running? If a program owns a file you usually cannot make changes to it.  Run your text editor with admin rights?

Dan Downs KCRP

I have purchased cdu_devoce pro mobile. I want to install the cdu server 1.4, it says to add the following text to 737ngx_options.ini:
[sDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1
EnableCDUBroadcast.0=1

Q1) Is it save to save it in there?

Hi, Jetairfly737,

The software addon program Remote CDU places the same entries in the same file to make its remote CDU work, except that it adds one for the second CDU.  So it is safe to do.  But you should make a backup of 737ngx_options.ini before you edit it just to be extra careful.

As Dan said, the most likely reason you can't save is that FSX or P3D is locking the file.  If either program was running but is not now, try restarting Windows.  If that doesn't work, right click on the ini file and see if it is set to read only.  If it is change it.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thank you so much for the replies! I have spend houres of finding a solution... Finally I found it! I needed to at a user (me) that could do everething! So I am going to explain it for other people (very good add-onn btw!)

1) Right click 737NGX_options.ini and select properties.

2) Click security and then click advanced settings.

3) Add the user that has admin-rights (in my case **************@hotmail.com (I don't want to show my e-mail over here)) and give it all the rights that are possible to click.

4) Close everthing of the properties and reboot (if needed) your computer.

5) Now you can edit the folder!

If you have more questions, do not hestitate ti ask me :)

Another thank you for the replies!

Jetairfly737