Sign in to follow this  
flyforever

Flight 1 gps compatibility

I am looking at the Flight1 GTN 750 and am curious to know if it works with all aircrafts in FSX, or are there aircrafts which don't allow a 2d pop up.

tony

You should be able to create popups for just about any aircraft whether it has a 2D panel or not.  You will have

to look in the panel.cfg to see how many popups are already in place.  If over 8 of them, then [window.09] will

have to be brought up using menu/views/instrument panel.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

You should be able to create popups for just about any aircraft whether it has a 2D panel or not.  You will have

to look in the panel.cfg to see how many popups are already in place.  If over 8 of them, then [window.09] will

have to be brought up using menu/views/instrument panel.

Or you rearrange the windows...  I always have Window01 as the "GPS window" and have a button

set to "shift+2" on my yoke to pop up the GPS in any aircraft.

Bert

Or you rearrange the windows...  I always have Window01 as the "GPS window" and have a button

set to "shift+2" on my yoke to pop up the GPS in any aircraft.

Good thought there, Bert!  I've done that a couple of times, also!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I am looking at the Flight1 GTN 750 and am curious to know if it works with all aircrafts in FSX, or are there aircrafts which don't allow a 2d pop up.

tony

Hi Tony,

It works with most general aviation type aircraft in FSX, but if you are considering using it in larger aircraft and airliners, you will find that it doesn't work in many of them.

I have a huge number of addon aircraft and have tested the 750 with most of them, so if there are any you are specifically interested in let me know.

Bill

That was my fear. While it may horrify some purists around here, I fly the md11 and the l-1011 and was thinking about these two planes in particular.

Tony

That was my fear. While it may horrify some purists around here, but I fly the md11 and the l-1011 and was thinking about these two planes in particular.

Tony

Consider me horrified... although I recall talking to a retired TWA captain who told me that he carried a portable Garmin 295 GPS to use as a cross-check for some poorly instrumented approaches that he flew as part of his schedule..  :wink: 

Bert

Consider me horrified... although I recall talking to a retired TWA captain who told me that he carried a portable Garmin 295 GPS to use as a cross-check for some poorly instrumented approaches that he flew as part of his schedule..  :wink:

I flew during the days when vor to vor was the norm. There were times, however, especially in low visibility, when a GPS would have come handy.

tony

That was my fear. While it may horrify some purists around here, I fly the md11 and the l-1011 and was thinking about these two planes in particular.

Tony

I'm afraid the Captain Sim L-1011 does not seem to work with the GTN750, although somewhat surprisingly the CS 707, 737-200 and C-130 all function well with it. I don't have the PMDG MD-11 for FSX and although I have the PMDG 737, 747 and 777, I generally tend to fly these using the FMC as I like having the availability of VNAV. I have tested it with the PMDG Jetstream 41 but again it doesn't appear to work with this.  

I flew during the days when vor to vor was the norm. There were times, however, especially in low visibility, when a GPS would have come handy.

tony

I too learned my flying skills and did all of my RW flying in the pre-GPS days. Using just the VOR and ADF required so much concentration and mental situational awareness that, in retrospect, it is quite amazing that there were relatively few accidents overall. I still like to fly in FSX using just the VOR and ADF alone from time to time although my skills have become a bit rusty from too much reliance on the GPS! Using the GPS still feels like a cheat to me, but what a great cheat to have available!

Bill