Sign in to follow this  
Rimshot

Flight1 GNS

"Product Note: The product does not include keyboard/joystick support for buttons/knobs." Well that's a deal-breaker!

Yup..Same here... not gonna get it... 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I highly doubt that. It's more than that. You have fiddled with the Mindstar units as well right? Then you know the map view of these units is very limited. No class D airspace and all other airspaces only show below a zoom level of 20 NM. And what about roads? There are none in the Mindstar units, while the Flight1 GNS displays them as the Reality XP units do, therefore as the GNS trainer does. I believe the Flight1 GNS will be to Prepar3D what RXP was to FSX. A highly realistic rendition of the real world units. I have no idea how they have accomplished this, as there seems to be no need to install the GNS trainer...

On a side note, why have you tried the Mindstar GNS as you seem very happy with the GTN units?

I bought the Mindstar units initially last year, and then had all kinds of problems with it finding waypoints that should have been in it's data base. Others had posted similar problems on their forum, and after even updating the Airac, and it still didn't seem to work, I just gave up and bought the GTN, which I should have bought in the first place. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

If you have an Ipad you can download a free demo of the Garmin GTN 750 to get an idea of how it works.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

If you have an Ipad you can download a free demo of the Garmin GTN 750 to get an idea of how it works.

Better than that I bought the Flight1 GTN and flew GTN sometime (in real) ;-)))

28362200744_49f12f12ae_b_d.jpg

26008212471_27035d994e_b_d.jpg

23158622600_c9b97fd7a3_b_d.jpg

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Hi fellas,

Have I missed something? Flight1 has GNS units, also for Prepar3D

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1gns

By the look of it they look a lot like the Reality XP units. Is this a new release?

I would have thought this notice in the upper right hand corner answered your question clearly:

qBb1C.png

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I would have thought this notice in the upper right hand corner answered your question clearly:

Hello Bill

That page has been updated to read Comming Soon, previous one don't have that.

Even some F1 people didn't know the page was alive..

What the units from (now defunct) RealityXP and Flight1 have in common is that they are FS-specific front ends for the actual Garmin training programs, so the underlying simulation of the Garmin unit is Garmin's own code for the actual device ported to a PC.  In contrast, the Mindstar unit was independently programmed by a third party to simulate the Garmin unit. 

I'd guess that the same techniques used to produce the GTN front-end for the Garmin simulators is also being applied to produce a new FSX/P3D front end for the older GNS units.  There's absolutely a market for them because a lot of panels can't fit a GTN750, and lots of r/w planes still use the older GNS units.

Anyway, choices are always a good thing, so long as you are making an informed one.

Regards

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

It definitely would have if it had been there earlier! But it wasn't  :wink:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic56275_post353937.html#353937

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

It is something in development. That is a placeholder page for now. News will be forthcoming as appropriate. The top box is now marked as Coming Soon. I am not party to the development, so I cannot answer much. But if you used the GTN, it is along the lines of that product.

Interesting comment in the thread linked in Bert's most recent post above.  So if its along the lines of the GTN it may not be a front end for the Garmin Trainer. If that's true I wish Flight 1 would build in a feature into both the GTN and GNS that writes an entered and saved flight plan to file in FSX (or P3D) format so that plan can be loaded into the simulator.  The RXP GNS models have that feature.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

(now defunct) RealityXP

Defunct?

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

RXP have been totally unsupported for years now. Maybe not "defunct" so much as "abandonware"...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Interesting comment in the thread linked in Bert's most recent post above.  So if its along the lines of the GTN it may not be a front end for the Garmin Trainer. If that's true I wish Flight 1 would build in a feature into both the GTN and GNS that writes an entered and saved flight plan to file in FSX (or P3D) format so that plan can be loaded into the simulator.  The RXP GNS models have that feature.

Different Bert here..

The GTN is also a front end for the Garmin Trainer...

• Upvote 1

Bert

Product Note: The product does not include keyboard/joystick support for buttons/knobs." Well that's a deal-breaker!

They are selling a $1200 version iwth the HW.. some of us have the 150$ HW that could be used with this provided the Keyboard joystick support was there.. They deliberately removed it I suspect.

Thats pathetic considering Garmin does not charge them for using their Demo version for this product.with a skin scrapper of sorts. I believe they do not.. I could be wrong..maybe Garmin does charge them.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

The product is not even out yet... lets keep our powder dry  :wink:

Bert