Sign in to follow this  
shant592

Issue with PMDG AA Jagged Edges, Already using Nick's NI Guide

Hello All,

I am encountering issues with FSX-SE and PMDG textures.  More specifically the black bars on the wings are super jagged but the rest of the textures are fine. I have followed Nick's guide to NI configuration.  the rest of the FSX world looks amazing except the wing lectures, also when the aircraft is viewed from a tower view, I seem to have texture flashing for some airport textures as well.  

Antialiasing - Setting has been set to all settings including 16x

Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling = 4x

Any other suggestions?  I have also tried to enable AA in FSX and used the enhance option in NI with no luck.  DX10 preview has been disabled and am using DX11.

The settings in the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide will eliminate all jaggies (at least it does for me).

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Are you sure what you are seeing are not  shadows ?  

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

It's definatly not the shaddow. Im traveling for work so no screenshot at the moment. Its the black bars on the pmdg wings that are jagged as well as some airport vehicles only. Also whn the aircraft is viewed from a tower view, the textures flash and look like they are being scrambled. Some airport textures show the same. Most of the FSX world is crisp and clear though. I am getting about 80fps wing view i flight although qhen on spot view and rotating canera it does jump/stuter a bit sometimes.

Nick has an alternate set for setting Sparse Grid Supersampling, this greatly hurts fps but is better to cut down on jagged edges.

Another option is to use DSR rather than SGSS. I am running at a DSR res of 5120*2160 and need no SGSS, and run 2xMSAA in the sim and have great results. 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

I'm not sure what else to do.  I have an GTX960.  I dont know if I should just blow the Ninspector profile away and rebuild it?   Anyone a master guru on this that can teamviewer into my PC later?

AA does not work well in FSX at all.  A known fact.  You can reduce the jaggies but not completely eliminate (although mine appear to be perfect). If the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide did not eliminate the jaggies, then you have a tweak or something else happening that is causing an anomaly.  For one thing, you cannot set all of your settings to the max and expect no jaggies.  FSX evidently was not programmed properly to allow that to happen.  You MUST enable AA in FSX for it to even work.  

So, why my AA has no jaggies and yours does is definitely a mystery.  I do not use tweaks at all so this might be your issue.   

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10