Sign in to follow this  
virtualflying

Airbus FBW Fix

Vic, that you so much for taking the time to provide the FBW Fix. It has transformed the way the AS Bus handles with the Warthog joystick for me.

I am using V 0.9316 and had the erratic tremble through the ailerons as did dash8q400 flyer. The revised FBWBANK4.xml you provided sorted this out for me.

I fly for BA Virtual and flying the AS Bus had just become a chore. Previously with the NGX at some point on the STAR I would look forward to switching off the autopilot and doing some hand flying. Not so with the AS Bus, would wait to minimums as it was such a dog to hand fly. Your FBW fix has brought back a fair percentage of the enjoyment I used to have with the NGX. The feeling in the roll axis is just suberb.

I highly recommend this fix. I can't believe AS left the Bus in the state they did. For the price in so many aspects it is a brilliant add on, but the joystick/rudder controls sadly let it down.

Michael M

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

Thank you, Vic! Your fix did solve the issue.

Dragos

I9-13900K/ Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC/ Aorus Master Z790/ Kingston 64GB@6000Mhz DDR 5/ 2TB nvme 0.2 Samsung 980 PRO/ Deepcool LS720

very, very glad it works for you, guys. Even more, that you're liking it. Justice to the Airbus has to be done :) Enjoy :)

I tried the lowend version for the 320.

At low speeds, like in final approach and flare phase (!!!), the aircraft feels better - faster to respond to the sidestick inputs.

In normal circuit pattern I think the difference it's less noticeable.

Interesting and valuable tweak, thanks!

Hi have the version you linked earlier, and this fix... but now my load and fuel section does not work. I cannot enter any units for pax, cargo, or fuel. What did I do wrong?

edit, this was my fault I changed the atc_model line in the aircraft.cfg file and that looks like it messes up the load program of the aircraft. I have never flown an Airbus before so I cannot give you any critique of whether it works right or not, but thank you for your work making the AS more realistic. I have a cheap Saitek ST290 joystick and used the low quality installer.

Great work Vic. Thank-you

Out of interest, which joysticks are you all using?

Great work sor, excited to try this! :smile:

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I'm using a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback II with the low end install. I'm going to try the alternate Hi end installation file.

Updated to v.0.94b

-bug fixes

-more FBW improvements for low-end users

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxBF4J8BmYLfcnVZSG54ZkxsNkE

Thank you.

For me, the best immersion is achieved by using the Logitech Force 3D Pro and using the low-end version.

Thanks  Iwill try this once I land my current flight. I have a Saitek ST290 should I use the high or low end installer?

Thanks  Iwill try this once I land my current flight. I have a Saitek ST290 should I use the high or low end installer?

I'm not sure about this one. Try both and find which one you like better ;)