Sign in to follow this  
aerdt

Just Downloaed the new PSS 777's.

Pre-ordered 777-300ER and 777-200 Freighter were in my files. The liveries were not there yet but hopefully will immediately follow.First look after a very simple installation: I could not get any of the panel switches to respond by mouse clicks. Dead as a doornail.Flew around the patch manually for just a few mins. and they look like they are real keepers. Now to download the four manuals I see that are available and find out what I am doing wrong relative to the switches.1:30 AM and well past my bedtime, so I will go to bed and probably stay awake looking forward to playing with our new toy.Thanks PSS and Happy Flying to everybody.RTH

HiApprantly you guys got the beta version according to pss forum. There are missing textures.Judging by the shots, she looks like a great model and i like the electronic checklists. Tell me, do they go green once it is completed like the real thing?

Guest FattyBear

>Hi>Apprantly you guys got the beta version according to pss>forum. There are missing textures.>>Judging by the shots, she looks like a great model and i like>the electronic checklists. Tell me, do they go green once it>is completed like the real thing?>>Yes they change green as you check them off. The model does look nice in screenshots but the cockpit looks really wierd in the sim.

Now that's a switch.Everything responds by mouse clicks in the virtual panel, but not in the 2D panel.We shall see what we shall see.RTH

PSS made a huge mistake by releasing an unfinished beta-product, full of bugs and an assorted array of problems.They did this because they caved into the pressure of people who, for reasons only known to themselves, couldn't wait a couple of days for a more polished product. I preorder a ton of games every month, and don't understand why PSS didn't follow the example of all the major gaming stores: have customers preorder, then ship them the finished product on the day of release. Or, allow customers to preorder, giving them a substantial discount, then delivering the download on the day of release. Sometimes I have to wonder whether some flight addon companies even have a minimum of business sense. ricardo

I found that if you go into the VC and flick some switches you should then find that the 2D switches work as well.Ricardo has hit the nail on the head. I couldn't believe the childish wails on the PSS forum for the product to be released. Now we've got something that half works, which takes the shine off what should have been a special event. There are a ton of things that don't seem to work on mine, but I've wiped it for now and will download it again when it's properly fixed. Bit of a shame really.Ian

There is a fix to the 2d panel problem on the forum. I flew it yesterday and it was ok but I have set it aside until it is released in its final stage. I think it will be enjoyable but there is nothing ground breaking. The 767 and 747 released this year are definitely the head of the class in airliner add-ons.

Well, wheather radar integrated into the ND for one thing.There is a hack for the PMDG737NG, but it IS a first for PSS to have it as standard.Best,Martijn

Martijn you are correct. I did fail to mention that. That is a first. I personally find it a useless feature but it is a first. Like I said it will probably be a nice add-on and I will fly it since I did buy it. I just think the others are a little better.

Honestly ... DAMNED if you do, DAMNED if you don't ... What a world this is ... PSS provided a release candidate to the people who pre-ordered because the actual delivery data slipped ... not a bad thing to do ... .. you could choose to wait or not but at the least you have the opportunity. Polished product? not yet weather radar not a "big" deal ... useless feature? good grief ... this is a major innovation ... if you fly with real weather and fly into a CB .. you'll find that the radar is not useless.Honestly ... "You can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time." Happy Friday to everyone!!!

Guest SaVas

>Honestly ... DAMNED if you do, DAMNED if you don't ... >>What a world this is ... PSS provided a release candidate to>the people who pre-ordered because the actual delivery data>slipped ... not a bad thing to do ... .. you could choose to>wait or not but at the least you have the opportunity. >>Polished product? not yet >>weather radar not a "big" deal ... useless feature? good>grief ... this is a major innovation ... if you fly with real>weather and fly into a CB .. you'll find that the radar is not>useless.>>Honestly ... "You can please some of the people some of the>time, but not all of the people all of the time." >>Happy Friday to everyone!!!>>>>>>I agree. I love the idea of integrated weather radar, which helps enhance the immersion when you have addons like ASV-e and Flight Environment. And Sure, those of you that pre-purchased the product that are whining that it wasnt ready, well, you now get to play with an unfinished aircraft. Why? because you whined enough to make them release an unfinished one to get you to stop bickering about it being late.

In addition the problem, all the customers with beta release-candidates are now populating the screenshot forum with mediocre to abysmal looking screenshots. Again, this is something PSS has no control over. In posting a screenshot, you would want to showcase the qualities of an addon, not highlight its flaws - which the screenshots over on the screenshot forum are doing, and then some. ricardo

I think it is a great idea to pre-release a new product as a "pre-order" promotion to customers who are willing to beta test the product, but I think that the participants should be kept under a strict non-disclosure agreement until the finished product has been released.With that I'd like to have seen PSS create a forum for the closed "pre-release" to not a) feed the trolls and chronic nay-sayers :( to receive constructive feedback and c) not have customers send out misleading information (screenshots) of a product that is not yet finished.